Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

Delta Amex No Fee 1st Year & 15,000 Miles w/ 1st Purchase

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2004, 7:45 am
Original Poster

https://www66.americanexpress.com/ca...9080323633/0/n

I know lots of people are dumping their SkyMiles Amexs but for anyone wanting to pickup some miles this seems like a good deal.
Old Feb 9, 2004, 7:29 pm

Location: Louisville, KY, DL PM-MM, AA PLT, HH DIA, Marriott PLT, Avis CHM, Yada, Yada, Yada
I ordered one for Mrs. Humaniod even though she has a Plat Amex under me. She got the card today and has already made her first (and only) purchase. Once the bill is paid and she receives the miles snip, snip to the card. This is a great deal for spouses who rarely travel!
Old Feb 20, 2004, 2:46 pm
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

I got mine today. FOr the third time in four years, I'll make one purchase, pay it off, collect the miles and cancel.

In the eyes of American Express, I am evil.

------------------
"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." - Frank Zappa (1940-93)
Old Feb 20, 2004, 6:01 pm

I signed up for the Delta AMEX two years ago, received 10k on my first purchase, canceled the card and then signed up for it again last year. AMEX told me I couldn't get the 10k bonus miles on my "first" purchase again.

Is this what others have experienced?

Thanks!
Old Feb 21, 2004, 5:48 am
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

I have not had a problem receiving multiple bonuses on the same account. Here's how I have done it.

Sign up for a Delta Amex card. Use it for 11 months. Call Amex and ask to switch to Hilton HHonors no fee card. Wait at least a year and switch back to Delta. Each time, I have received the bonus as if I was applying for a new card. Keep in mind that your account number does change each time you switch affinity.

Don't confuse this strategy with my previous post as that was simply a new application/card. I simply wanted the 15k bonus miles but have no need for a second Amex card.

------------------
"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." - Frank Zappa (1940-93)

[This message has been edited by MileageAddict (edited Feb 21, 2004).]
Old Feb 21, 2004, 10:53 am

i just cancelled my Delta amex last month.
I had the card for a few years
how long till i can reapply and get the bonus?

thanks and peace
Billyb
Old Mar 2, 2004, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
I signed up after the promo was announced and made my first purchase. A bonus of only 10,000 miles posted last night (along with the miles attributable to my purchases). Somehow, I'm not surprised. Anyone else have this problem? Should I bother taking this up with DL or should I just contact AmEx directly?
Old Mar 2, 2004, 10:35 am

I already have a Platinum Skymiles AMEX. Can I apply for a Gold and get the miles, or will they see that I already have an account? Anyone been successful with this?
Old Mar 2, 2004, 4:03 pm
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by BamaVol:
I signed up after the promo was announced and made my first purchase. A bonus of only 10,000 miles posted last night (along with the miles attributable to my purchases). Somehow, I'm not surprised. Anyone else have this problem? Should I bother taking this up with DL or should I just contact AmEx directly?</font>
You need to call AMEX to have the additional miles added.

Old Mar 8, 2004, 5:56 pm

Location: Mesa, AZ., USA, DL Gold,CRC,WN whatever,AA nobody,HHonors Diamond,Starwood Gold, could careless about Rental Car Co's.
My nephew is trying to apply for this offer. When clicking on the link provided in this thread, the offer is thru 3/2/04. However, at the bottom disclosure it has 3/8/04 listed. When submitting the on-line app, is does not take.

Does anyone know how t fnd out if this on-line promo can be extended or not? A live AMEX voice does not know about on-line promos/offers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.