Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where do I find out what these codes mean?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2004, 8:04 am
Original Poster

Where do I find out what these codes mean?

Cabin class: C9 D9 I9 Y9 B9 M9 H9 Q9 K9 L9 U9 T0
Old Mar 6, 2004, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
Each letter represents a fare bucket: C is business class, D and I are discounted business class, the rest are various categories of coach class. The numerals tell you how many seats are for sale in each class, but no figure higher than 9 is shown. Thus, if 15 seats are available in C class, it will show C9.

Bruce

[This message has been edited by bdschobel (edited Mar 06, 2004).]
Old Mar 6, 2004, 8:16 am
Original Poster

So is T0 sold out? Is that the lowest fare?
Old Mar 6, 2004, 8:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
It is probably not being offered on that route at this time.

Bruce
Old Mar 6, 2004, 8:30 am
Original Member

Programs: DL 3 MM/DM, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, National Exec Elite
In general, T would be the lowest fare (it doesn't have to be the lowest fare, but almost always is). T fares are not offered in every market.

T0 means that there are no T inventory seats to sell on that flight, regardless of whether a T fare is offered in that market or not.
Old Mar 6, 2004, 11:33 am

Programs: Delta-Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott-Lifetime Titanium. Priority Club-Platinum
This link should help explain everything.

Old Mar 6, 2004, 3:14 pm
JS
Suspended

Programs: DL Gold Medallion; UA Premier Executive; WN sub-CP; AA sub-Gold
A couple of notes --

1) You may see F8 A8 on a route with a mix of 737-200 and MD-88 flights even though no one has reserved a seat in First Class. I suspect Delta is limiting the inventory of First Class seats to be the lesser of the two, namely the 8 F seats on a 737-200.

2) While it is rare, it is possible for a flight to have no possibility of carrying passenger who bought a T fare (e.g., VLD-ATL when there are no T fares anywhere from VLD). U5 T0 means that U seats were purchased by people to the point where its T subset was exhausted. It doesn't mean that Delta intentionally zeroed out T seats, and it doesn't mean that T fares were sold. T will go to zero all by itself with the purchase of higher fares.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.