Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Enhanced FC Meal Service

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2004, 9:59 am
Original Poster

Enhanced FC Meal Service

2/26 DL 573 from DCA-SLC the FC meal svc included 3; count'em 3 choices of entrees including steak, and the ice cream sundae cart following. Anyone else notice this improved svc? I hope its not just one flight!
Old Feb 27, 2004, 10:09 am

Programs: UA-Silver; Hyatt Platinum; SPG Gold
Thats good to hear. I took flights last week ATL-LAS and LAS-ATL in first and had count em 1 choice of entree each way. I thought that was odd. At least the meals were decent both ways but I mean come on cant they at least offer 2 choices ?
Old Feb 27, 2004, 10:31 am

Location: New York, NY, AA 4MM PLT, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Platinum, IHG Platinum, CC Gold
First class ATL-SFO on Feb. 5 had 1 and only 1 entree choice and no sundaes. Sounds like you got lucky (or I was unlucky)...
Old Feb 27, 2004, 9:37 pm
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PLT+2MM / DL DM+1MM / A3 *G / Fairmont LT Plat / Ritz Gold / SPG Gold
JFK-LAX in mid-Feb - 3 choices - plus sundae trolly. Flight was on a 763.

They did, however, run out of the third choice by the time they got to my seating companion. Seems they might have realized they were low, and offers 3 choices to medallions first, then other J pax - some of which were offered only 2.

[This message has been edited by NYBanker (edited Feb 27, 2004).]
Old Feb 27, 2004, 10:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
I have been on DL 48 LAX-CVG three times this year and it has been a good breakfast to include bacon. But there hasn't been a choice. I thought it funny when the OBL came around with the manifest and I thought we were actually going to get a choice but rather she was just marking whether we would have breakfast or not.
Old Mar 1, 2004, 3:43 am

Location: Mesa, AZ., USA, DL Gold,CRC,WN whatever,AA nobody,HHonors Diamond,Starwood Gold, could careless about Rental Car Co's.
on longer haul transcon there will be choices and some not. i've had both. there may be some kind of criteria as to which ones get choices or not...dunno.
Old Mar 1, 2004, 1:07 pm

Programs: Delta PM, United Premier Executive, AirTran Elite, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold VIP, Her
Flight 49 CVG to LAX on Feb 27th.
Business Elite
No choice and no Sundae Bar.

Flight 114 LAX to ATL on Feb 29th.
Business Elite
No choice and no Sundae Bar (and the food was actually quite bad).
Old Mar 2, 2004, 1:13 am

Location: Mesa, AZ., USA, DL Gold,CRC,WN whatever,AA nobody,HHonors Diamond,Starwood Gold, could careless about Rental Car Co's.
BE LAX-JFK, choice and sundae
FC BOS-SLC, choice and sundae
FC JFK-PHX, choice and sundae

all since 1/1/04

????
Old Mar 2, 2004, 9:40 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by AAPlatinum:
First class ATL-SFO on Feb. 5 had 1 and only 1 entree choice and no sundaes. Sounds like you got lucky (or I was unlucky)...</font>
Same city pairs for me with the same results. Must be an unlucky route.

The one choice was a rather foul tasting summer squash soup with a smashed hot turkey sandwich.

Old Mar 2, 2004, 1:44 pm

Programs: Fly Amtrak, Go Greyhound! I'm often wrong but always sincere.
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by yashan:
Same city pairs for me with the same results. Must be an unlucky route.

The one choice was a rather foul tasting summer squash soup with a smashed hot turkey sandwich.

</font>
That's exactly what they served this past weekend CVG-LAX. The sandwich wasn't so bad, but the soup was a strange blend of ingredients to say the least. I was so hungry, I ate it anyway .
Old Mar 2, 2004, 4:42 pm
Original Poster

Believe the focus, as some have stated, is transcom--"dinner" svc, and not lunch svc. SAN-CVG lunch on 03/01, was a "barely" warmed pizza of some sort. So, don't all of you jump on the DCA-SLC dinner flight, I would like my sundae next time I fly
Old Mar 3, 2004, 2:19 am

...that might be the missing "ingredient" here....all of my 'choice' and 'sundae' services were dinner hour flights.....
Old Mar 3, 2004, 8:51 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
BE JFK-LAX 3 choices + sundae.
Old Mar 3, 2004, 1:36 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by OutOfOffice:
That's exactly what they served this past weekend CVG-LAX. The sandwich wasn't so bad, but the soup was a strange blend of ingredients to say the least. I was so hungry, I ate it anyway .</font>
You really must have been hungry. I talked to a couple FAs during the flight and they said hardly anyone touched, let alone finished, the squash soup.

A couple of them, including me, told them that the plain tomato soup was a whole lot better than the squash stuff.

Old Mar 4, 2004, 7:06 am

Programs: DL 4MM/PM, UA 1MM/Gold, AA Paper
Flew BE from LAX to ATL a couple of days ago. Choice of one entree only for dinner, which was poor. Three strips of chicken on pasta, which was dunked in cheese.

Also flew F from ATL to LAS a couple of days earlier, and had a half warm single choice breakfast. In talking with the FAs they indicated that they are embarrased to serve this so called food to BE and F passengers.

Try eating it!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.