FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-skymiles-pre-worldperks-merger-489/)
-   -   Quick 500 miles for auto quote (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-skymiles-pre-worldperks-merger/614610-quick-500-miles-auto-quote.html)

volleyca Oct 19, 2006 12:08 am

Quick 500 miles for auto quote

Saw the www.ameriprise.com/deltaautohome is available for a quick 500 miles. Quick fill in, really good for anyone needing to extend their accounts

micmath Oct 19, 2006 1:52 pm

Thanks, I gave it a try today. We'll see how long it takes the miles to post.

srodr Oct 19, 2006 2:34 pm

I got a quote for a family member then tried to get another for me and on the 2nd one it didn't even ask for my Skymiles number, so apparently you can only do one person from a computer. So don't waste your time trying to do this for additional members of your household.

rrgg Oct 19, 2006 3:37 pm

When does it ask you for a skymiles number? I never saw that ?????

What state are you in? Does that matter?

micmath Oct 19, 2006 5:00 pm

I think it was at the end when it asked me. If not it was close to the last page.

rrgg Oct 19, 2006 5:10 pm

Originally Posted by micmath
I think it was at the end when it asked me. If not it was close to the last page.

It gave me a quote and asked if I wanted to buy it. I even tried clicking BUY and it still didn't prompt me for a skymiles #. Also tried IE and Firefox.

MikeyZBT Oct 19, 2006 5:21 pm

Originally Posted by rrgg
It gave me a quote and asked if I wanted to buy it. I even tried clicking BUY and it still didn't prompt me for a skymiles #. Also tried IE and Firefox.

Yeah, for me it was when it asked for my name, address, etc...

tsw1 Oct 19, 2006 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by rrgg

make sure you delta skymiles in the top right of page from the first page all the way through if not you will not get the miles
it threw me to the page that did not have the logo
for some reason it does this also on the same offer months ago

rrgg Oct 19, 2006 7:08 pm

I should clarify. The web site reads, "You are being offered a chance to earn 500 miles for a qualified auto insurance quote!" When I try to do an auto quote, no where does it ask for my SkyMiles number. It does say "Delta SkyMiles" on the top right of the page.

If I try to do a home insurance quote, it does ask for my SkyMiles... but I don't want to do that one (requires SSN and various personal info).

For those who responded, did you do the auto quote successfully or just the home quote?

tsw1 Oct 19, 2006 7:47 pm

the auto quote is going to ask for your ssn also
i have never in the past had trouble with getting miles when i make a typo on address phone # or ssn#
i can't help that i make mistakes

rrgg Oct 19, 2006 8:20 pm

The auto quote does not ask for a SSN.

I did the auto quote 3 times today to completion. I created user IDs and everything. Finally on the 3rd try it asked for my skymiles number. What's up with that? I thought I was going crazy when I finally saw it. In fact, I tried "goingcrazy" as my user ID, but it was taken. I guess someone else had this problem.

It appeared on the page that looked like this:

Delta SkyMiles Number
Do you own or rent your residence?
Number of primary residences since October 2003?
Who is your auto insurance company?
What month does your current auto policy expire?
How much is your six month premium?

ConcordeBoy Oct 19, 2006 9:12 pm

Seems a lot of you didn't actually bother reading what was right in front of you....

*All SkyMiles program rules apply to bonus mile offer. To review the current rules, please visit delta.com/skymiles. Delta, SkyMiles, and the Delta logo are registered service marks of Delta Corporate Identity, Inc. Delta is not responsible for goods or services offered by Ameriprise, it’s affiliates, AMEX Assurance Company or IDS Property Casualty Insurance Company, De Pere, Wisconsin. Please allow up to 12 weeks after qualification for miles to post to your account. Offer void where prohibited. Additional restrictions may apply.

Delta receives compensation for referring it’s SkyMiles members for a quote from Ameriprise Auto & Home Insurance.

This offer for Delta SkyMiles is valid for qualified auto insurance quotes and will be awarded to SkyMiles members for only the first valid auto insurance quote every six months. A qualified auto insurance quote is one that receives a rate and is not declined or incomplete.

sowalsky Oct 20, 2006 5:18 am

Of course, not available in the People's Republic of Massachusetts.

micmath Oct 20, 2006 6:21 am

It asked for my SS# but it wasn't mandatory. I skipped right past that part.
Bur I didn't sign up so I guess I don't any points.

rrgg Oct 20, 2006 6:41 am

Originally Posted by ConcordeBoy
Seems a lot of you didn't actually bother reading what was right in front of you....

Sometimes that kind of wording is merely a threat.

After all my complaining, it appears my miles already posted. This doesn't seem possible since it's been less than 24 hours. And by the way, I did fake some info:

20 Oct 2006 The American Express Property and Casualty Companies (posted on 20Oct2006) 500 0 500