Wiki Posts
Search

Weird webpage events on DL.com

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2004, 5:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM / 1MM "Enhancee" (Frequent Flyer) Since 1990
Weird webpage events on DL.com

I've gone to the "My Itineraries" and logged in and done a few other things recently, but here's the weird thing (turn on cynical mode):

about 30% of the time when I do regular stuff at DL.com it has now been redirecting me to (loading) the DL.com webpage which shows all the current special offers and fare sales - NOT the page I wanted to go to originally.. is anyone getting this?

Wonder why this is happening?
Old Feb 21, 2004, 9:56 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by heckler:
I've gone to the "My Itineraries" and logged in and done a few other things recently, but here's the weird thing (turn on cynical mode):

about 30% of the time when I do regular stuff at DL.com it has now been redirecting me to (loading) the DL.com webpage which shows all the current special offers and fare sales - NOT the page I wanted to go to originally.. is anyone getting this?

</font>
I just booked my tenth 2004 itinerary on DL.com tonight and have had absolutely no problems with this area of the website. I spend a lot of time mucking around in the " My Itineraries " section and can't complain about how it's working.
Hard to figure out what's happening on your end.
IMO, the weird and wacky stuff is happening in abundance at the marriott.com website but that's a topic for another forum....
Old Feb 22, 2004, 5:17 am

Location: Florida - Delta Charter DM/3.3MM; Lifetime SPG Plat; HH Gold;
I too spend a lot of time in my itinerary section and have no problems. They only issue for me is sometimes it takes a long time to actually get to that section( ie a slow "boot").

I would call Delta Internet Support (888) 750-3284) and see if they can figure out the problem for you. Sometimes it is something that got changed on your individual computer.
Old Feb 22, 2004, 6:40 am
PMD

Programs: DL GM, UA PE, National EE, Priority Club Plat, SPG Gold, AMEX Plat
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by heckler:

</font>
The same thing was happening to me too!

It appears that I am be "redirected" to that page and it looks like there is some sort of referral code.

My guess is that a "bad" cookie was doing this so that some company can get a referral fee from Delta.

I deleted my cookies and it has stopped.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.