DL Amex Triple Miles Promo

Old Feb 15, 2004, 8:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

DL Amex Triple Miles Promo

Got this in the mail today - searched on FT - didn't see it posted, so I figured I'd post it - sorry if it's a double post - I've been out of town for a few days.

Earn triple miles on all DL & Song purchases over 265.00 on your DL Amex betwen 2/15 & 3/15

Registration Required:

www.americanexpress.com/deltatriple

or

1-800-615-0403

Old Feb 16, 2004, 8:30 am

"Offer applies for wireless phone bill payments only". Does that mean what it says or just that you can't pay other kinds of phone bills?

Also in the fine print is a suggestion that this only adds an additional mile for any "Alway Double Miles" you get, and I think those are only at certain places like grocery stores and the post office. If that's true, then you'd have to be at 2 for 1 already to get the extra bump to 3 for 1.

So I have a question: If I hire my lawyer to figure all this out and pay him $270 for his time using my Delta Amex card, do I get triple miles? What if he talks on his wireless phone while I'm at the post office?
Old Feb 16, 2004, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

That must be a misprint.

Basically, if you enroll, I'm sure that you'll get triple miles on the DL & Song purchases over 265.00 per transaction. No idea what's up with the wireless phone comment - it has nothing to do with the promo!
Old Feb 16, 2004, 12:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Of course it's really only 1 extra mile per dollar
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Cardmembers will receive one mile for Delta and Song purchases in addition to the two miles received with Always Double Miles® </font>
Old Feb 18, 2004, 4:30 am

Has anyone been able to enroll from the Delta Triple miles screen? I finally called the 800 number last night, they couldn't get thru either.
Old Feb 18, 2004, 9:29 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Floroz:
Has anyone been able to enroll from the Delta Triple miles screen? I finally called the 800 number last night, they couldn't get thru either.</font>
I tried to enroll and it said I was already registered for the promo. Go figure.

Old Feb 18, 2004, 9:39 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, Etihad Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Floroz:
Has anyone been able to enroll from the Delta Triple miles screen? I finally called the 800 number last night, they couldn't get thru either.</font>
Seems to be working now...I was able to register this AM.
Old Feb 18, 2004, 1:31 pm

Programs: DL FC, NW
Thanks. I am buying a ticket tomorrow. Do we get double triples?
Old Feb 18, 2004, 1:59 pm

My guess is that you'll get 3 miles for each dollar spent on any purchase of $265 or more, but that's all you'll get, even for purchases that already get double miles, like grocery or post office. Just a guess though.

Old Feb 19, 2004, 4:59 am

Programs: AA EXP/MM, HGP ♦; former elite in Hilton, Marriott & DL (just under MM thanks to Leo)
This promo is for Delta purchases. This is how the card reads:

Getting away from it all can be very rewarding, especially when you book a trip on Delta. Because when you make Delta purchases, including Delta Vacations packages, for $265 or more between February 15 and March 15, 2004, you earn three miles for every dollar you spend. That's one additional mile on top of the two miles you earn. All you have to do is enroll your Card first.

The card also does has the fine print that defines what the Always Double Miles program is (why you get the second mile for every dollar spent on Delta purchases), but the card does not confuse the program and the new promo like the web page does.

[This message has been edited by traveling_again (edited Feb 19, 2004).]
Old Feb 19, 2004, 9:12 pm

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
For more discussion, see

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum21/HTML/012977.html

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.