US & DL begin interline e-ticketing

Old Feb 19, 04, 6:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend and Moderator: Air Canada Aeroplan, Canada & Manufactured Spending
Original Poster

US & DL begin interline e-ticketing

http://travelvideo.tv/news/more.php?id=1323_0_1_0_M

US Airways today began offering its customers "interline" electronic ticketing capabilities with Delta Air Lines, enabling travelers to use a single e-ticket for itineraries that include travel on both carriers. With this agreement, US Airways now has interline e-ticketing agreements on itineraries for travel on American, Continental, Delta and Northwest Airlines, as well as its extensive codesharing relationships with United, all of which enable customers to travel on one e-ticket.

Old Feb 19, 04, 8:02 pm

Programs: JetBlue Mosaic, WN A List Preferred, Hyatt Globalest, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Spire
You have always been able to present paper tickets on either the US or DL shuttle from either airline and get on. I wonder if this means, that for instance, if I have a US corporate shuttle e-ticket I can go over to DL and have them honor it. Again previously you would have to have your other-airline ticket printed to paper to do this.

Search this Thread