Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

Threshold Letters are being incorrectly addressed!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2004, 3:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM / 1MM "Enhancee" (Frequent Flyer) Since 1990

I received a letter at my home address today, for choosing the Medallion threshold option for next year. However, the name and Skymiles number on the letterhead was a different PM from myself.

I immediately called SMS and informed them of the error - they seemed aware of it. I questioned whether they had a fix in place - they said they had. I also then wondered if this explained why I NEVER received a letter myself.. some of you flyertalk folks may be in the same boat.. your letter may have gone to another SM member with a different address. However, that person may not have been so proactive as to notify Delta.

Perhaps UDH can shed some more light on this fubar from his vast tome of DL info..?
Old Feb 2, 2004, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
oops

Low on the quality control it looks like.
Old Feb 2, 2004, 4:20 pm

Programs: DL GM, 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHC Spire
Today I got a letter with the MQM carryover option stated in the text, and 4 PMU. Although letter was addressed to my home address, it was for a different member, with his name and FF#. (and the PMU's are his, with his name and # on them - useless to me!)So - I assume mine went to someone else. Could be as simple as a mis-matched line in the computer program - name/SkyMiles number mis-matched with another address line. I too called and complained.

My issue is one of identity theft - I know someone elses SM#, probably someone else knows mine. This is UNAUTHORIZED violation of my personal privacy and security. Delta advertises itself proudly as having competitive advantage via their IT systems! But it fails!!!

Last summer I had another identity/security/privacy issue. When checking in at a kiosk, using my DL SkyMiles AX card as the identification, I was printed the boarding passes of another individual - same last name, same first name initial - but she was flying JAN-CVG-BOS that day and I was flying JAN-ATL-PHL. Computer security was notified, and they claimed that they had fixed that problem.

Old Feb 2, 2004, 5:14 pm
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by DLBIZTRAVELER:
My issue is one of identity theft - I know someone elses SM#, probably someone else knows mine. This is UNAUTHORIZED violation of my personal privacy and security. Delta advertises itself proudly as having competitive advantage via their IT systems! But it fails!!!</font>
I agree completely, and any private info in the wrong hands can potentially become public domain. However, how much can a malfeasant do without a PIN # for your SM account? And despite the potential for wrongdoing, your number would have been mailed to at least a GM member, hopefully soeone of good character who would call .. but of course there's no guarantee.

Again, serious stuff, even more so if PMU certificates are enclosed, as you may never get the, and DL will more than likely say "Tough cheese" when you say you never received them..
Old Feb 2, 2004, 6:10 pm

Programs: DL 2MM DM & My Wife is a DL 3MM DM
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by heckler:
I agree completely, and any private info in the wrong hands can potentially become public domain. However, how much can a malfeasant do without a PIN # for your SM account? And despite the potential for wrongdoing, your number would have been mailed to at least a GM member, hopefully soeone of good character who would call .. but of course there's no guarantee.

</font>
Hi Heckler--I received YOUR letter today, got a psychic to intuit your pin, have absconded all of your Sky Miles and fled to a remote island in the Pacific. Cheers, atl runner (a GM of questionable character)

[This message has been edited by atl runner (edited Feb 02, 2004).]
Old Feb 2, 2004, 6:42 pm
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by atl runner:
Hi Heckler--I received YOUR letter today, got a psychic to intuit your pin, have absconded all of your Sky Miles and fled to a remote island in the Pacific. Cheers, atl runner (a GM of questionable character)</font>
Don't make me get on an ATR72 with an "L" fare and make me pry those worthless miles from your hands!! I'll do it...! Oh.. ATR..nevermind.. Keep 'em.
Old Feb 2, 2004, 7:29 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, Etihad Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
I haven't received a letter addressed to me or anyone else, but I was able to make my choice at delta.com weeks ago. Anyone else still waiting?

More disturbing to me is the comment from DLBIZTRAVELER that the letter he received (albeit with the name of different member) contained PMUs! This is the first I've heard of PMUs being distributed with this letter. Is this how the "extra" PMUs earned as a threshold bonus are being distributed? I was expecting mine with my 2004 PM credentials (which I have also not received), but now I'm worried that this could turn into a major fiasco.

Did everyone else who has received their threshold letter get their bonus PMUs at the same time? Ignorance is bliss and I was real happy until I read this. Thanks heckler!
Old Feb 2, 2004, 7:41 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM - Bad upgrade luck. "...Diamond in the back... Diggin the scene with a gangsta lean..."
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by DLfan:
I haven't received a letter addressed to me or anyone else</font>

I got one for a Mr. Bahri that you can have, if you wish. We can meet halfway at Clay's Ferry and make the exchange, if you wish. Unfortunately, Mr. Bahri must not have flown enough to get the extra PMUs, though...

There are three Skymiles members in the house, and my 2 year old son seems to get the most juicy offers - go figure.
Old Feb 2, 2004, 7:47 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver
[QUOTE]Originally posted by DLBIZTRAVELER:
[B]Today I got a letter with the MQM carryover option stated in the text, and 4 PMU.

Mine came today, correctly addressed and intended for me but no PMU's were inside. Has everyone else who received their letter (correctly) had the PMU's with it?
Old Feb 2, 2004, 7:52 pm

Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, DL DM since inception, 3+ MM, HH Gold, SPG-Gold
Programs: DL, UA, AA, HH, SPG, HH, Hertz, Avis
Yuep, happened to me too!!.

Right address, wrong name and SM number -

(Hey: If Jastar M Swadrini, SM#2097037897 is out there - can we do a swop?)

These are the 4 150 MQM Threshold PMU's only, haven't gotten the "main package" yet.

So what exactly is Delta going to rectify this snafuu?
Old Feb 2, 2004, 7:55 pm

LEX-TEAGUE...YGM.
Old Feb 2, 2004, 7:55 pm

Location: Florida - Delta Charter DM/3.3MM; Lifetime SPG Plat; HH Gold;
I too got someonen else's Threshold letter and his 2 PMUs. When I called Delta SMS, the agent called Atlanta and made out like this was a unquie anomaly. I was "assured" that it would be corrected and I would soon receive mine.

I am quite curious why this occurred and am also dismayed on how widespread this is.

Is there a computer nerd out there that can explain this phenomena?
Old Feb 2, 2004, 9:25 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by DLfan:
I haven't received a letter addressed to me or anyone else, but I was able to make my choice at delta.com weeks ago. Anyone else still waiting?</font>
I have yet to receive a letter...mine or somebody elses. But I want to give you a heads up on the DL.com online sign up. If it was the same one I accessed, it’s for your 2004 request for 2005 choices. It doesn’t apply to this years request.
Anybody else notice this??

Old Feb 2, 2004, 9:47 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Cholula:
It doesn’t apply to this years request.
</font>
I remember some discussion about this issue from another thread. According to delta.com, this carry-over option was "effective December 1, 2003". I was under no illusion that the carry over would apply to 2004 status, as that status was earned based on MQM balances as of December 31, 2003.

I selected "I want to carry over 30,000 Medallion Qualification Miles into my Skymiles account for 2005." To me this means that I need only accrue 70K MQM's during 2004 to requalify as PM for 2005. If it means otherwise, then they've fooled me. Maybe the illusive letter (which neither of us have) provides the needed clarity.

[This message has been edited by DLfan (edited Feb 02, 2004).]
Old Feb 2, 2004, 10:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Retired :)
It could be worse. A few months ago on the news here in FLorida there was a story about 10,000 Social Security receipants who got a letter from the SSA. It had the person's correct address but someone elses name and SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER!!! I wonder if those people voted in the last presidential election too! Only in Florida!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.