Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

Fly 3 - Get 1 Free - No Delta but everyone else in...

Old Feb 12, 2004, 5:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium

I just read CO,NW, & US are in on the fly 3 get 1 free. Anyone anticipate when/if DL will join the club? I am certain if they joined they would include the saturday stay exclusion as well as insULT fares....
Old Feb 12, 2004, 6:13 pm

Delta did have that promo. We recieved a couple of months ago (Dec) Tried to cash in and of course no availability for the entire month I wanted to travel. By the way, yes a saturday stay was mandatory and we were trying to apply this to a very cheap fare. We paid for the rest of the family. Not a good promotion if you can't use it.
Old Feb 12, 2004, 6:18 pm

Sorry beofotch if you meant a newer promo
Old Feb 12, 2004, 6:54 pm

Programs: JetBlue Mosaic, WN A List Preferred, Hyatt Globalest, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Spire
The US promotion requires that you buy certain quallifying tickets on the US web site. The site cannot book corporate negotiated fares. UA does not have this restriction.
Old Feb 13, 2004, 7:20 am

Programs: Delta-Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott-Lifetime Titanium. Priority Club-Platinum
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by girlonthego:
Not a good promotion if you can't use it.</font>
Not to rub your nose in it, but I was able to use both my "fly 3" coupons on a flight from JFK to SEA. BUT not easily. The booking was the easy part using the Delta Direct phone bank in ATL. The DD counter person had NO IDEA what they were however. She even tried to tell me I had to "Buy three tickets now, and the fourth is free". I had to educate her on her own coupons...I already FLEW those three..THIS is the free one!!! After a few calls to the super-secret GA support line, she gave me the tickets. Ugh....

Old Feb 13, 2004, 8:00 am

If you can believe this. I had three paid tickets to MCO from Ric and the cost was about 220 per ticket. I could not get the freebie anytime during the two week window in June. We wound up paying the stupid 220 for the fourth. I can go in August though. Who wants to go to Orlando in August?
I find these promotions to be stupid. If you win a free domestic, you should be able to use it within reason. I noticed it has become incredibly difficult to redeem an award with Delta. Anyone else think the same?
(I stayed up till midnight 331 days out to get tickets to Aruba. I had to leave three days earlier than I wanted to in order to get the four seats. )
Old Feb 13, 2004, 1:31 pm

Programs: DL DM
I was able to use both of my "Fly Three, Get One Free" vouchers with minimal inconvenience. The Saturday night was no problem since I am going to The Clemson/Texas A&M football game. I was able to get GSP-IAH (cheapest fare I could find was ~$350) and one for a friend GSO-IAH on the same flights in and out of IAH (cheapest flight I could find-~$250). Originally wanted the GSO segment to go out of RDU, but I'll take what I can get. Did have issues redeeming the vouchers at CRC in BOS. But the agent was able to work through it and everything seems to be ticketed in good shape. Wound up costing me $19 each for taxes and fees.
Old Feb 13, 2004, 7:57 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL FO/1MM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, National Exec Elite
It's totally based on the city pairs... I mean, girlonthego, everyone wants to go to Florida in the summer!
Old Feb 13, 2004, 8:16 pm

Location: Louisville, KY, DL PM-MM, AA PLT, HH DIA, Marriott PLT, Avis CHM, Yada, Yada, Yada
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by girlonthego:
Not a good promotion if you can't use it.</font>
I just tried to book a flight using the "Fly Three" certs. Surprise, surprise, no availability! What really got me was that there were NO seats taken on the flight I wanted - NONE! I could see if even one seat was taken, DL could argue we only give out a few seats per flight. This is ridiculous.

I hope DL doesn't match the others, I don't like going through this aggravation.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.