Routing help from TLH to LAX

Old Feb 13, 04, 4:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Prisoner #347921
Routing help from TLH to LAX

DL is offering $99 one-way between LAX, SFO and many cities. R/T TLH to LAX for $227 all in. Fares are booked in "T" but I would still like to maximize my mileage. The problem I am having is finding the COMPLETE legal routing. Tried Expedia, but as usual, it only shows a portion because of all of the rules and restrictions. I even entered LAX to TLH to try and get reverse routing, but I am still not sure if combining the two gives me the full legal routing. Any suggestions as to where or how I can obtain the info? As always, thanks in advance.
Old Feb 13, 04, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MMô, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Cholula General Member
How many segments are you trying to get out of this? Six ought to be fairly easy, more than that might take some work.
Old Feb 13, 04, 5:12 pm
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by indufan:
How many segments are you trying to get out of this? Six ought to be fairly easy, more than that might take some work.</font>
Thanks for you quick response.

I would like to maximize my mileage. I am taking my FIRST trip to watch a few baseball games, but this fare is very very good for these city pairs and I am really trying to determine if this is even worth my money or time to try and make a MR out of. So to answer your question indufan, however many segments will net me the most MQMs.
Old Feb 13, 04, 6:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MMô, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Cholula General Member
Well, generally the more segments, the more MQMs. I presume you want the most MQMs for roughly the same money. That is a big distiction. Regardless, you won't get "rich" on MQMs on T fares. The best "standard" routing I could think of is TLH-ATL-CVG-LAX-CVG-ATL-TLH which would yield 3400 MQMs. Routing through JFK would give a few more but I suspect you won't find that fare on that routing.
Old Feb 13, 04, 8:49 pm
JS
Suspended

Programs: DL Gold Medallion; UA Premier Executive; WN sub-CP; AA sub-Gold
TLH-ATL-BNA-CVG-LAX,LAX-DFW-IAH-ATL-TLH yields 3817 MQM's and 6326 regular SkyMiles.
Old Feb 13, 04, 8:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
I don't see the fare you're talking about, although I see a $218 on DL/UA/NW.

Unless you have a reason to be on DL metal, try booking NW -- for roughly the same number of miles, you can do it more efficiently. LAX-DTW-IAH-TLH and back should be just north of 7,200 miles (3,600 EQM) RT.

Unfortunately, CO is not matching this fare, as they have the most favorable routing at LAX-EWR-TPA/MEM-TLH.
Old Feb 13, 04, 9:06 pm
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by channa:
I don't see the fare you're talking about
</font>
http://www.delta.com/travel/sp_offer...1304/index.jsp

Thanks for the responses so far.

Search this Thread