Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

delta doesn't have plans to renovate Terminal 3 at JFK?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2006, 7:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL,AA,B6,CO,UAL

Delta airlines doesn't have plans to renovate terminal 3 at JFK AIRPORT?
Old Oct 14, 2006, 9:55 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Deltafan2006
Delta airlines doesn't have plans to renovate terminal 3 at JFK AIRPORT?
There are plans for minor cosmetic and infrastructure improvements.

I imagine there's been discussion of long-range plans, though nothing has been released. Unfortunately, DL doesn't have a spare billion laying around to replace the terminal at this point.
Old Oct 14, 2006, 12:17 pm

Programs: DL GM SkyClub; Starwood Gold, Hertz Gold, HILTON DIAMOND
The "minor cosmetic" changes should be finished. What you see is what you get! Everybody complains A LOT about these terminals. I don't mind them very much! They are a lot better than they used to be . . . the only real problem they have is the International arrival dump-off area and bad signage.
SR
Old Oct 14, 2006, 3:57 pm

I wish they had spent all that money redoing JFK, not BOS.
Old Oct 14, 2006, 7:07 pm

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Originally Posted by mtparadis
I wish they had spent all that money redoing JFK, not BOS.
Another Leo legacy...

Originally Posted by RamAir
The "minor cosmetic" changes should be finished .
Besides the BE check-in at T2, I've also noticed that the T3 international arrivals walkway area from the gates to the immigration area now has new carpeting and repainted walls. They are also still supposed to refurbish the immigration and customs entrance areas as well. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be much they can do to change the path/walkways from Arrivals to the AirTrain....
Frankly, the departures area does not look too bad once inside the terminal.

As a side note, we used the Mobile Lounges (or People Movers) at T3 today when I arrived from CDG. We had to be towed into position (remote stand near Gates 8 and 9) and were then disembarked by the Mobile Lounges (like at IAD). Then it was a short ride to the Gate 11 area of Terminal 3. I haven't arrived like this at Terminal 3 since the Pan Am days.....
Old Oct 21, 2006, 10:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ClipperDelta
Another Leo legacy...

Besides the BE check-in at T2, I've also noticed that the T3 international arrivals walkway area from the gates to the immigration area now has new carpeting and repainted walls. They are also still supposed to refurbish the immigration and customs entrance areas as well. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be much they can do to change the path/walkways from Arrivals to the AirTrain....
Frankly, the departures area does not look too bad once inside the terminal.

As a side note, we used the Mobile Lounges (or People Movers) at T3 today when I arrived from CDG. We had to be towed into position (remote stand near Gates 8 and 9) and were then disembarked by the Mobile Lounges (like at IAD). Then it was a short ride to the Gate 11 area of Terminal 3. I haven't arrived like this at Terminal 3 since the Pan Am days.....
BE check in at T2 is beautiful, very good for the customers, also the delta agents in terminal 3(BE) are very supportive with the customers. Delta is dong a very good job keeping this kind of services to the business elite customers. Terminal 2 is being renovate in the past weeks. After terminal 2 is fully done renovating next step will be terminal 3, but delta can't demolished terminal 3 beacause is a landmark like terminal 5.

Delta will be adding more routes from JFK to europe throughout 2007
Old Nov 1, 2006, 9:54 pm
Original Poster

Last edited by Deltafan2006; Nov 1, 2006 at 10:01 pm
Old Nov 1, 2006, 10:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by Deltafan2006
BE check in at T2 is beautiful, very good for the customers, also the delta agents in terminal 3(BE) are very supportive with the customers. Delta is dong a very good job keeping this kind of services to the business elite customers. Terminal 2 is being renovate in the past weeks. After terminal 2 is fully done renovating next step will be terminal 3, but delta can't demolished terminal 3 beacause is a landmark like terminal 5.

Delta will be adding more routes from JFK to europe throughout 2007
Yes, DL has been already previously announces nonstop from JFK-OTP/PSA around 2007.

I think DL would likely to bring back nonstop JFK-PHX because there is one of good connection to European flights. Does DL has been dropped nonstop JFK-PHX years ago. I can't imagine why DL has been left for PHX-JFK years ago and I thought the load factors has been done well. I can't believe it about DL is doing good job for more passengers want connection in JFK for next European or India flights.
Old Nov 5, 2006, 7:30 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by N830MH
Yes, DL has been already previously announces nonstop from JFK-OTP/PSA around 2007.

I think DL would likely to bring back nonstop JFK-PHX because there is one of good connection to European flights. Does DL has been dropped nonstop JFK-PHX years ago. I can't imagine why DL has been left for PHX-JFK years ago and I thought the load factors has been done well. I can't believe it about DL is doing good job for more passengers want connection in JFK for next European or India flights.

JFK terminal 3 its awful but there's plans to fix up the terminal. Saudi Arabian Airlines will moved its operations to Terminal 1 from November 15, due that delta is fixing up terminal 2 to make a better terminal.

There's a rumor that We gonna have Mc. donald's and Dunkin Donuts on Terminal 2, past the security. There only 2 burger King at terminal 3 one in the front of the building(North Check in) and the cafeteria at the end of the building. I have seen alot of baggage thats goes to PHX with connection with Atlanta, If the route comes back, that will be good for Delta.
Old Nov 5, 2006, 10:09 pm

Programs: DL Diamond and Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hertz Pres Circle
JFK Terminal 3 Stinks!

I flew out of there today. First of all, the signage is absolutely horrible at Terminals 2 and 3. I very rarely fly out of JFK, but I could't get a reasonable fare for this trip anywhere else.

First, according to the board, my flight leaves out of Terminal 2. So, I take Airtrain from long term parking (that's another story!) and get off at the terminal 2-3 stop. I go to terminal 2 and I see a sign that says something along the lines of Delta check-in at terminal 3. This is right next to signs that say Delta ticketing and check in on the second level of Terminal 2. So, not sure what is what, I take the elevator to the second level of T2 and am told that the Business Elite check-in area is closed and I need to check in at T3. Keep in mind, that I parked at long term parking at 11:25 for a 1:30 PM flight. It's now 12:20!

So I walk to T3, where the line for check-in is unbelieveably long and there are no kiosks. And the Elite line is not open. There are 3 or 4 agents checking in primarily international travelers who have connected through JFK, so the process is taking long for just about everybody. One agent, whose name I didn't get but who was wearing a neck brace, stopped checking in pax and started talking to her colleague and helping him check in a passenger.

Now it's 12:45 and I am about number 35 on line. Finally an agent named Audra took charge and started asking who was on line with a 1:30 or 2:00 PM flight. She brought us over to an empty lane and started checking us in.

Terminal 3 is absolutely the worst check in experience I've ever had in the Delta system. If Delta is going to increase its flights out of JFK, they need to make sure the infrastructure is ready to accomodate the increased pax load.

I am definitely writing a letter about the horrible conditions there and also about Audra, who did an outstanding job in getting us on our way.
Old Nov 6, 2006, 9:00 am

Programs: DL DM 2MM - IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by tonypct
I flew out of there today. First of all, the signage is absolutely horrible at Terminals 2 and 3. I very rarely fly out of JFK, but I could't get a reasonable fare for this trip anywhere else.
The signage, or lack thereof, in Terminals 2 and 3 is really inexcusable. That is one of the easiest, and lowest cost, items that DL can address, yet it would have a major impact in the functionality and efficiency of the facility. DL wishes all of it's problems could be so easily resolved.

Delta, call Apco (they are also based in Atlanta so it's not even a log-distance call), have them recommend one of their consultants/distributors/installers in NYC, and get it taken care of.
Old Nov 6, 2006, 10:46 pm
Original Poster

Delta and Port Authority should do something about this situation.
Old Nov 7, 2006, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Back to UA, missing DL; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by tonypct
So I walk to T3, where the line for check-in is unbelieveably long and there are no kiosks. And the Elite line is not open. There are 3 or 4 agents checking in primarily international travelers who have connected through JFK, so the process is taking long for just about everybody. One agent, whose name I didn't get but who was wearing a neck brace, stopped checking in pax and started talking to her colleague and helping him check in a passenger.
There are kiosks in Terminal 3. Unfortunately, not enough. Only about 3 or 4, and you can't see them when the lines start snaking in every direction because they're over on the far right hand side.
Old Nov 10, 2006, 10:33 pm
Original Poster

Starting Next week Saudi Arabian Airlines will moved to terminal 1.
Old Nov 10, 2006, 10:47 pm

Programs: DL FO,Starwood Gold, Hertz 5*, National Executive, Nexus & Global Entry
I have always used the T3 check in desks at the front, but what are the security checkpoint & check in areas used for in the far back of the terminal (around gates 4 & 5) used for?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.