Upgrade?

Old Jan 26, 04, 7:10 pm
Original Poster

Upgrade?

Hi, I know you'll most likely have better things to do, but relitivly new to upgrades and FF programs. My question is could anyone tell me my chances of getting upraded with my PM card on this itinary. Thanks so much!

Carrier
Flight # Cabin &
Class Flight
Segment
Status Upgrade
Status Departs Arrives
From Time/Date To Time/Date
Delta 4826* Coach (T) Confirmed Austin, TX (AUS) 7:30am
1 Apr 2004 Dallas-Fort Worth, TX (DFW) 8:35am
1 Apr 2004
Delta 604 Coach (T) Confirmed Dallas-Fort Worth, TX (DFW) 9:30am
1 Apr 2004 San Diego, CA (SAN) 10:46am
1 Apr 2004
Delta 6076* Coach (T) Confirmed San Diego, CA (SAN) 6:35am
4 Apr 2004 Los Angeles, CA (LAX) 7:29am
4 Apr 2004
Delta 48 Coach (T) Confirmed Los Angeles, CA (LAX) 8:30am
4 Apr 2004 Cincinnati, OH (CVG) 3:39pm
4 Apr 2004
Delta 981 Coach (T) Confirmed Cincinnati, OH (CVG) 4:15pm
4 Apr 2004 Austin, TX (AUS) 5:57pm
4 Apr 2004

[This message has been edited by dspringer28 (edited Jan 26, 2004).]
Old Jan 26, 04, 7:20 pm

Programs: Marriott-GLD
Slim to none - I'm seeing lots of PM's sitting in coach - I'm done with them - gave them one chance in 2004, sat in coach 3 out of 4 segments on a Q fare - have not sat in coach 3 times in last two years...
Old Jan 26, 04, 7:35 pm
Original Poster

What about a PMU?
Old Jan 26, 04, 7:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MMô, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Cholula General Member
My only experience on your iten is DL 48. I would say it is likely that you will be upgraded.

Three times last year and once so far this year I have been on DL 48 and only once did it depart full in J and that was only after selling upgrades at the gate. One factor will be whether they get to this plane to reduce the number of B/E seats that are currently available. I don't remember the timeline for those changes.
Old Jan 26, 04, 7:42 pm
Original Poster

Thank you so much for your help!
Old Jan 26, 04, 7:48 pm

Programs: AA PLT/3MM, UA GM/1MM, DL DM/1MM, FB Plat, AS MVP Gold, WN AList+
I can state with complete confidence that there is 0% chance of an upgrade on DL6076 since it is operated by AE with a Saab.

[This message has been edited by CoMooter (edited Jan 26, 2004).]
Old Jan 26, 04, 7:53 pm

Location: SAN Diego (Hillcrest); soon formerly LEXington, KY; otherwise around and about
Programs: DL still sort-of Elite; Marriott Lifetime Platinum; married to Hilton Elite
You should just hope they don't give points for speeling.

Welcome to Delta Flyertalk. Upgrades on T fares are still subject to little knowledge. I'm sure all will appreciate if you tell us what your success is.

I am not sure blowing a PMU on these flights is worth it unless you have no possibility of using it otherwise, although the T fare is uncertain.

You know the commuter flights cannot be upgraded, right?

Flight 48 may depend on whether you get one of the reconfigured 763s with fewer front cabin seats.

Good luck!

------------------
"It was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity..."
Old Jan 26, 04, 8:03 pm
Original Poster

You should just hope they don't give points for speeling.
-Sorry, I am extreamily dislexic.

Upgrades on T fares are still subject to little knowledge. I'm sure all will appreciate if you tell us what your success is.
-No Problem

I am not sure blowing a PMU on these flights is worth it unless you have no possibility of using it otherwise
-Your most likely right

You know the commuter flights cannot be upgraded, right?
-Yes

Flight 48 may depend on whether you get one of the reconfigured 763s with fewer front cabin seats.
-I really hope not!

-Thanks for the help!
Old Jan 26, 04, 9:02 pm

Location: SAN Diego (Hillcrest); soon formerly LEXington, KY; otherwise around and about
Programs: DL still sort-of Elite; Marriott Lifetime Platinum; married to Hilton Elite
Wish you the best on upgrades!

There is software to help with online spelling, and while most don't care, it does affect your appearance online, sort of like clothes do at an interview. Since it is a disability for you (rather than the badge of ignorance it is for so many others), overcoming it might be a productive challenge.

Sorry, I don't know how to tell if you'll get a bigger or smaller cabin on 48 except by accessing the FC seats on Delta.com for your particular flight. You could pretend to be buying a ticket for that flight and get current seat occupancy info, although that would not be total sales info. Others might be able to advise on current ways to see how many front cabin seats are still available for sale on that particular flight.

------------------
"It was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity..."
Old Jan 26, 04, 9:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP/3MM
AFAIK PMUs cannot be used on LUT fares ... or has that been changed?

------------------
Vasant
Old Jan 26, 04, 9:21 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by vasantn:
AFAIK PMUs cannot be used on LUT fares ... or has that been changed?

</font>
That's right. Minimum K on domestic and M for international. As a side note, save your PMUs for Hawaii. Other than miles or $$$ at the gate, it's the only way to upgrade these flights. No more 500-milers to Hawaii.
Old Jan 27, 04, 8:12 am

Programs: DL 2MM DM & My Wife is a DL 3MM DM
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by MCO Guy:
Slim to none - I'm seeing lots of PM's sitting in coach - I'm done with them - gave them one chance in 2004, sat in coach 3 out of 4 segments on a Q fare - have not sat in coach 3 times in last two years...</font>
My wife (a PM) is now 4 for 4 so far in 2004 upgrading off of LUT fares--both ways between ATL & DCA (to DCA on a Friday night and back on Sunday late afternoon) and both ways between ATL and AUS (to AUS on a Thursday morning and back on a Wednesday morning)

Old Feb 1, 04, 10:57 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by FTraveler:
That's right. Minimum K on domestic and M for international. As a side note, save your PMUs for Hawaii. Other than miles or $$$ at the gate, it's the only way to upgrade these flights. No more 500-milers to Hawaii.</font>
Old Feb 1, 04, 11:05 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by FTraveler:
That's right. Minimum K on domestic and M for international. As a side note, save your PMUs for Hawaii. Other than miles or $$$ at the gate, it's the only way to upgrade these flights. No more 500-milers to Hawaii.</font>
I am GM flying out of LAX and have had generally good luck getting upgrades using segments. A few days ago I booked a T class fare LAX to HNL in March, and the web noted my upgrade request, with the "a" notation that seats are now available. I figured I could use the 71 segments in my 04 bank, rather than the new unlimited upgrades. Then, those suddenly disappeared. Now the agents tell me my upgrade request will not be processed. The reason I was given is that people were having a hard time booking free HNL flights using miles for vacation travel. Who plans a vacation 12 or 72 or even 100 hours before departure? This is misleading at best. FC is showing as almost completely empty, and it will continue to be so unless 36 full F fare passengers materialize.

We should start a thread regarding DL Hawaii policy.
Old Feb 1, 04, 11:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by design4living:
We should start a thread regarding DL Hawaii policy.</font>
design4living....welcome to FT!
Go for it on your suggestion. Hawaii is one of the most popular destinations for DL and they are tightening the screws with reduced flights, reduced availability of SMís awards, embarrassingly poor meal service and operating one of the most uncomfortable aircraft...764ís...on most of their HI routes. This thread could make for some interesting discussion.

Search this Thread