In-flight ticket giveaway promoting new JFK service

Old Jan 29, 04, 8:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL GM/MM, UA Gold, AA GLD/1MM, Nat'l Exec, Marriott Gold, Vino Volo Reserve
In-flight ticket giveaway promoting new JFK service

When I boarded the 7:30pm LGA-BOS shuttle this evening, the FA at the door asked for my boarding pass for a drawing. "To celebrate our new service from JFK", they gave away a pair of tickets from JFK to anywhere delta flies in North America. I didn't win.

Never have I seen a promotion generate so little excitement... evening LGA-BOS passengers are mostly Massachusetts residents, and don't care about tickets from JFK, and let's face it, weekday shuttle travelers are some of the most jaded air travelers you'll ever see....
Old Jan 30, 04, 3:27 am
Moderator: Travel with Pets

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Perhaps the prospect of sitting in DL's Y cabin was the factor?
Old Jan 30, 04, 6:03 am
JRF

Programs: DL Flying Colonel, Hilton Diamond & a few other lower levls here and there
I don't know what to make of this.... DL gives away free tickets to total strangers and those who fly on DL the most have to fight to get anything... and figt to fit in the seats in coach...
Old Jan 30, 04, 9:45 am
Suspended

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by JRF:
I don't know what to make of this.... DL gives away free tickets to total strangers and those who fly on DL the most have to fight to get anything... and figt to fit in the seats in coach...</font>
They're flying on Delta, so they're obviously familiar with the airline in some form. Perhaps there were even passengers of status on board...
Old Jan 30, 04, 1:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Maybe I stand alone here but if I won it, I'd be very happy.
Old Jan 30, 04, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MMô, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Cholula General Member
The odds of winning this are much better than most giveaways of anything of substantial value.

Search this Thread