Award ticket travel

Old Jan 2, 04, 10:06 pm
Original Poster

Award ticket travel

I got a award travel ticket with my skymiles. Anybody knows how to cancel this international award ticket and put the miles back in my account?
Old Jan 2, 04, 11:56 pm
Original Member

Location: Los Angeles, CA - Nearly 4 Million Actual Miles Flown
Is it a paper ticket or e-ticket?
Old Jan 3, 04, 8:13 am

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Stefandenood:
I got a award travel ticket with my skymiles. Anybody knows how to cancel this international award ticket and put the miles back in my account?</font>
Make sure you are not planning to take a trip with that award later this year. Some of the INTL awards are going up, and you can use the lower one if you have a certificate.
Old Jan 3, 04, 8:21 am
Original Poster

It is a e-ticket, business class, atlanta-brussels roundtrip.
Old Jan 3, 04, 8:31 am
Gui

I had to do the same thing not long ago. I just simply cancelled the award ticket. I was issued a credit to my credit card for the taxes that had been paid upon the issuance of the Awards ticket..and presto the mileage was redeposited back into my account. Should be no problem.

Old Jan 3, 04, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Cholula General Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Gui:
I had to do the same thing not long ago. I just simply cancelled the award ticket. I was issued a credit to my credit card for the taxes that had been paid upon the issuance of the Awards ticket..and presto the mileage was redeposited back into my account. Should be no problem.</font>
This is certainly not standard practice. A redeposit fee applies.

https://www.delta.com/skymiles/about..._Award_Tickets

Search this Thread
Search Engine: