Wiki Posts
Search

Trying to get to Natar, Br

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2003, 5:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL: Diamond
Trying to get to Natar, Br

I've looked everywhere and can't seem to even find flight schedules. I'd like to get an award ticket to Natal, Brazil (NAT).

Does anyone know of Skyteam connections, etc so I can use my Delta Miles??

Thanks

[This message has been edited by mtiffee (edited Dec 18, 2003).]
Old Dec 18, 2003, 5:46 pm

Programs: DL DM
Probably your only option is to fly to Sao Paulo (DL&CO) or Rio (CO)and buy a connecting ticket.
Old Dec 18, 2003, 8:39 pm

Correctly spelling the city's name may help. It is Natal.
Old Dec 18, 2003, 9:16 pm
Original Poster

I thought something looked wrong about it.

Old Dec 18, 2003, 10:04 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by mtiffee:
I've looked everywhere and can't seem to even find flight schedules. I'd like to get an award ticket to Natal, Brazil (NAT).

Does anyone know of Skyteam connections, etc so I can use my Delta Miles??

Thanks

</font>
SkyTeam doesn't have any Brazilian partners. DL and CO will only get you to GRU and GIG. A ticket to NAT will cost you about USD $500.00 or more (buy a ticket on crummy VASP in Brasil or GOL. Internal airfare in Brasil is ridiculousy high now. Varig (partner UA) has great Internet only fares with stopovers permitted. Great beaches and other attractions in Natal. Enjoy

Old Dec 18, 2003, 10:42 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the reply and welcome to FlyerTalk!

Old Dec 19, 2003, 9:36 am

Another choice is to buy a Brazil Airpass where, if you live outside Brazil and you fly into the country, you can fly anywhere in Brazil for $100 a flight. Several rules apply, so check it out closely. Minimum purchase is $300 for 3 flights in 1 region of Brazil and $500 for 5 flights anywhere in the country.

My family did the $500 pass and it became a very cheap way to travel around Brazil. We flew ATL - GRU - Porto Alegre on Delta (and TransBrasil which was a DELTA partner at the time). We left Porto Alegre and flew to Iguacu Falls (changes planes in GRU), Rio de Janeiro, Manaus, Salvador (changed planes in Brasilia), and ended back in GRU to catch the DELTA flight back to ATL.

Hope this helps.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.