Wiki Posts
Search

10 week waiting period for lost luggage

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2003, 8:12 am
Original Poster

10 week waiting period for lost luggage

Hi folks.

Delta lost my luggage mid October. I followed all of the standard procedures for filing a claim. Finally called today to ask what the status of my property loss claim was. I was told by the Delta rep that I needed to wait up to 10 weeks for reimbursement. I told them that the posted information on their site and forms is 4-6 weeks. The response was that the claims center was running behind. So now I have to wait until mid January to complain again? This seems like an excessively long period to wait. Thought folks would like a heads up.
Old Dec 12, 2003, 8:43 am
Original Member

whynotniwot--
Didn't you realize that your lost luggage experience had been enhanced? Shame on you.

Djlawman
Old Dec 12, 2003, 9:43 am

10 weeks is actually pretty good for a resolution. I believe the IATA prescribed minimum standards used to be 12 months, recently revised to something more realistic.

I spent just over 24 weeks getting a resolution from KLM earlier this year, so I know what you mean about the frustration. C'est la vie.
Old Dec 12, 2003, 10:01 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Yet another reason I never check bags.
Old Dec 12, 2003, 11:03 am
Original Poster

I try and not check them either. But in this case I didn't have a choice.
Old Dec 12, 2003, 11:06 am
Original Poster

B747,

Out of curiosity, how long do airlines keep looking for the bags? When I check on the status of my "delayed delivery" luggage, it just says that there has been no change in status. At this point isn't it likely that it is stolen. I had id inside, so I don't think it will be making it's way over to the lost luggage store in Alabama.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.