Delta AMEX Double Miles

Old Aug 17, 1999, 7:44 am
Original Poster

skymiles/amex double miles posted yet?

Has anyone had bonus miles posted yet for Skymiles/Amex double miles for purchases from 5/15 to 6/15? Just called Amex customer service and did not get a clear answer as to when they would be posted.
Old Aug 17, 1999, 7:57 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Mine posted shortly after the promotion ended, with my next regular posting of miles from the card I think.
Old Aug 17, 1999, 10:46 am

Programs: DL DM UA AA Hilton Starwood
Mine also posted right after it ended but they missed about 800 miles of it, which posted the following month.
Old Aug 17, 1999, 11:51 am
Original Member

Programs: BA Gold, ex-BD Gold, SPG Gold, HH Gold
Same experience as previous poster--miles posted immediately. It depends on the closing date of your statement.

I did not have as positive an experience with the previous (pharmacy & supermarket) double miles promo, so their record is a bit spotty.
Old Aug 17, 1999, 7:23 pm
Original Member

My double miles posted very promptly!
Thank you American Express!

Mike

P.S. CALL American Express customer service. THOSE miles should have been posted by now. Good Luck.....
Old Aug 18, 1999, 8:21 am
Original Poster

Well, I called AMEX customer service again. I was advised to be patient, that the bonus miles take 6 to 8 weeks to post (we're into week 9), that I shouldn't put much stock in other peoples' experiences as reported on the internet, etc. However, we're into 3rd billing cycle since promo ended and everyone responding to my initial post reported prompt or immediate posting. Has anyone NOT had their bonus miles posted for this promotion? I wouldn't be making a major issue of it but for the fact that I really went to town on this offer, going so far as to pressure friends to make major purchases (including a washer/dryer) on my card. Now I want my miles!
Old Aug 18, 1999, 9:02 am

Programs: UA
My wife's double miles were posted promptly but her sign up bonus weren't posted yet. When she called AmEx about it, she was told same thing; wait since it takes 6-8 weeks. After 6-8 weeks, she was told to wait for 3-4 billing cycles when she called in later.

I don't know but seems like AmEx CSR are not empowered (to credit the bonus miles)...

------------------
Dan
Old Aug 18, 1999, 6:34 pm
Original Member

Call American Express customer service back. The CSR'are authorized to credit missing points. If the CSR seems clueless or relunctant. DEMAND to speak to a supervisor. The ones in either North Carolina?/ South Carolina? seem very helpful.

Good Luck on YOUR efforts.

JUST my two cents...

Mike
Old Aug 18, 1999, 9:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG PLAT, HYATT PLAT, HH GOLD, AA GOLD, MR GOLD
My Person Skymiles Gold card posted quickly and accurately...BUT my Corporate Skymiles Blue has NOT posted. I Fired off a letter to Amex and am waiting a reply. I made sure to check several different sources to make sure that the Corporate Blue card qualified and all sources said that it DID. But NO miles for that one yet. I let you know their reply to my letter.
Old Aug 18, 1999, 9:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG PLAT, HYATT PLAT, HH GOLD, AA GOLD, MR GOLD
Is that accurate? Are CSR at Amex able to Post points? My experience has been that they can't. Maybe i'm not pushing hard enough?
Old Aug 26, 1999, 9:35 pm
Original Poster

I made my third call to AMEX customer service today re: this promotion. This time I was advised that the SkyMiles corporate card was ineligible. I don't recall seeing this limitation in any of the promotional material, but could not find any copies in my files. Does any one have a copy? I'm usually pretty careful about reviewing the "fine print" on these offers.
Old Aug 31, 1999, 2:24 pm
Original Poster

I made my fourth call today on this one to AMEX customer service. I requested to speak to a supervisor without even bothering to explain the subject of my call. After a couple of minutes on hold, a very accomodating person came on the line and told me the small business corporate card I use did indeed qualify for this promotion. She then posted my bonus miles manually and said they will post with DL with the next billing cycle, on 9/9. Moral of the story: be persistent and if someone tells you "no", hang up and call again.
Old Aug 31, 1999, 6:27 pm
Original Member

You're right PERSISTANCE does pay off. We need to to keep on top of things with the airlines/credit card companies/long distance companies.. MY motto. NEVER EXCEPT NO FOR A RESPONSE!

Mike

[This message has been edited by MIKE MAHONEY (edited 08-31-1999).]
Old Apr 13, 2000, 10:59 pm

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
Double miles with Sky Miles AMEX card

A flyer in my bill this month - Double miles on all purchases at supermarkets and gas stations using the Sky Miles AMEX card. Good through June 15.
Old Nov 11, 2000, 2:40 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
AMEX DL double miles on Which establishments??

I recieved my first AMEX statement since teh double miles promotion on grocery stores, pharmacy, US postal service etc.
My statement has at least 50 dollars worth of Duane Reade and Rite Aid charges as well as a measly 2 dollar on US postal service. No double miles on these charges, I'm afraid. Anyone else have the same problem? Or does someone know which particular establishments does Amex offer this deal with. In my opinion, even if all pharmacies, grocery stores are not included, there is only ONE US postal service. Or am I missing something here? Wanted to get opinions here before I called them.

Thanks in advance.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.