Why no Crown Room Club in BDL?

Old Sep 19, 06, 8:09 pm
Original Poster

Why no Crown Room Club in BDL?

Looks like I'll be doing a good deal of business in BDL starting next month.. I was surprised to see they don't have a CRC considering DL has quite a few point-to-point markets from Hartford... are there any other lounges we can use?
Old Sep 19, 06, 8:14 pm
In Memoriam

BDL is a minor market

check to see if there is a Continental PC. I bet if there is, you will only be able to use it if you are on Continental metal. If it is important, then book on Continental.
Old Sep 19, 06, 8:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Clank
Originally Posted by underpressure
check to see if there is a Continental PC. I bet if there is, you will only be able to use it if you are on Continental metal.
Why is that? I was under the impression that my CRC membership got me into all PCs and WCs. I've been in the PC at AUS and the WC at LGA both times flying DL.
Old Sep 19, 06, 8:26 pm
In Memoriam

Originally Posted by Traveller
Why is that? I was under the impression that my CRC membership got me into all PCs and WCs. I've been in the PC at AUS and the WC at LGA both times flying DL.
If I am not mistaken, some of the clubs check your ticket to see if you are on their metal that day. If your flight is not with them, they will pass. Normally in an airport like BDL where there is not a CRC, that will be the case.
Old Sep 19, 06, 8:46 pm

Programs: DL, SPG (Gold)
Originally Posted by underpressure
If I am not mistaken, some of the clubs check your ticket to see if you are on their metal that day. If your flight is not with them, they will pass. Normally in an airport like BDL where there is not a CRC, that will be the case.
That is not the case anymore.

All DL CRC, NW WC and CO PC members have unrestricted access to ALL PCs, WCs and CRCs (including all international clubs)......even when flying on an airline other than Delta, Northwest or Continental.

All a person has to do is show their DL CRC membership card (note: 2005 issued PM card qualifies as a CRC membership card) in order to gain entry.

FWIW, based on the NW and CO websites, there doesn't seem to be a PC or WC in BDL.

A.J.
Old Sep 19, 06, 9:03 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, Marriott Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by iwareboy
Looks like I'll be doing a good deal of business in BDL starting next month.. I was surprised to see they don't have a CRC considering DL has quite a few point-to-point markets from Hartford... are there any other lounges we can use?
There used to be a Crown Room.

I believe it may have closed due to airport renovation? Anybody remember?
Old Sep 19, 06, 9:05 pm

Programs: DL MM, AA EXP, AS MVPG, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by smp9778
There used to be a Crown Room.

I believe it may have closed due to airport renovation? Anybody remember?
BDL was one of the many CRCs that closed shortly after 9/11. I wouldn't expect it to return any time soon.
Old Sep 19, 06, 9:36 pm

Programs: DL GM, UA 1P, AA GLD
BDL used to have a Crown Room outside of security. When Delta moved to the new terminal, I do not believe the CRC went with them.
Old Sep 19, 06, 11:03 pm

Originally Posted by sowalsky
BDL used to have a Crown Room outside of security. When Delta moved to the new terminal, I do not believe the CRC went with them.
This is correct. I'm not sure 9/11/ had much to do with it. There were several clubs that closed right after 9/11 (I think MCI and STL might have been among them), however, BDL wasn't one of them.
Old Sep 20, 06, 6:16 am

Programs: DL 4MM/PM, UA 1MM/Gold, AA Paper
Currently there is a RFP out from the Connecticut Commissioner of Transportation requesting proposals to design, build, manage and operate a common-use airline passenger club at Bradley International Airport, Windsor Locks, Conn. Hopefully this club will materialize in the future.
Old Sep 20, 06, 7:49 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by El Boocho
This is correct. I'm not sure 9/11/ had much to do with it. There were several clubs that closed right after 9/11 (I think MCI and STL might have been among them), however, BDL wasn't one of them.
MCI is still open.
Old Sep 20, 06, 7:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines AAdvantage, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by sxf24
MCI is still open.
They do? Does CRC is still open at MCI?
Old Sep 20, 06, 10:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Clank
Originally Posted by N830MH
They do? Does CRC is still open at MCI?