Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dl sued over racial profiling

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2003, 9:42 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by heathe:
Many of the respondents seem to be assuming that this allegation is true (and that it is true in all or most of its details).

Maybe. Maybe not. Why should we so quickly assume it is all true?
</font>
Because it appears that most folks at FlyerTalk are all too quick to believe anything they hear about bad behavior on the part of FA's.

Old Sep 18, 2003, 9:54 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by FoPAA:
Because it appears that most folks at FlyerTalk are all too quick to believe anything they hear about bad behavior on the part of FA's.

</font>
Most of us really like the FAs of Delta.

However, the reason I believe this story is true is because of all the stupid "security" hysteria following 9/11. There's no excuse for racism. Ever.

------------------
"Give me Liberty or give me Death." - Patrick Henry
Old Sep 18, 2003, 9:55 am

"In response to these disgraceful events, a number of Bindra's fellow travelers filed complaints against the flight attendant at the conclusion of the flight. Passengers were outraged at the flight attendant and felt she had lost her composure and she, not Bindra, was a security risk to the flight. Passengers have also submitted affidavits verifying Bindra's version of events on the flight."

Yes, all these passengers willing to file sworn affidavits must be lying also.
Old Sep 18, 2003, 10:16 am

Do legitimate news sources call events "disgraceful," or do they try to remain more objective? I have no personal knowledge of what occurred, and of course I always see things from a FA's point of view - but very few people have even bothered to post "if what was said is true"...I have NEVER, in 33 years of flying, heard a FA, or heard OF a FA saying to a passenger "shut up." So that immediately made me suspicious of the whole news story. Maybe it was true, but I need a lot more verification.

And Spiff, I know (and am very proud) that Delta FA's are held in high regard on this board - but I feel that people are too quick to jump all over any FA from any airline. I'm just saying there are two sides to every story, and we've only heard from one. IF she said all those things, it's my opinion she should be fired.

We have hundreds, no thousands of years of experience of interactions with FAs on this board. Can ANYONE say "That FA told me to 'Shut up"?"

[This message has been edited by FoPAA (edited 09-18-2003).]
Old Sep 18, 2003, 11:18 am
JS
Suspended

Programs: DL Gold Medallion; UA Premier Executive; WN sub-CP; AA sub-Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by FoPAA:
Do legitimate news sources call events "disgraceful," or do they try to remain more objective? I have no personal knowledge of what occurred, and of course I always see things from a FA's point of view - but very few people have even bothered to post "if what was said is true"...I have NEVER, in 33 years of flying, heard a FA, or heard OF a FA saying to a passenger "shut up." So that immediately made me suspicious of the whole news story. Maybe it was true, but I need a lot more verification.

And Spiff, I know (and am very proud) that Delta FA's are held in high regard on this board - but I feel that people are too quick to jump all over any FA from any airline. I'm just saying there are two sides to every story, and we've only heard from one. IF she said all those things, it's my opinion she should be fired.

We have hundreds, no thousands of years of experience of interactions with FAs on this board. Can ANYONE say "That FA told me to 'Shut up"?"

[This message has been edited by FoPAA (edited 09-18-2003).]
</font>
Good point. To answer your question, although the exact words "shut up" weren't uttered, I've witnessed the wordy version of "shut up" more than once from AA flight attendants. Combine a stern lecture tone of voice with advanced age and a mean looking frown, and it's just scary flying AA.

------------------
"There's no sadder sight in this world than that of a football player trying to think." -- Daria
Old Sep 18, 2003, 11:30 am
Suspended

This is not a news article.

This is a press release from a special interest group disguised as a news article.

Not to say the events did not happen, but this account should be taken with a grain of salt.

Besides, why sue Delta? It wasn't their crew in the cabin.

Oh, I forgot. Delta has deep pockets to settle a lawsuit.
Old Sep 18, 2003, 6:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
They sued Delta because it was sold as a Delta flight; I don't necessarily see this as a "soak the big rich corporation" thing. Misguided perhaps as to the distinction of "operated by ACA" I'd say.

I have found ACA FA's to be great. IF these allegations are anywhere near true, I'd find it out-of-character. I saw no mention of the pilot agreeing to re-schedule the passenger? If that's the case, he must've told her to cool it.

It is clearly a press release, as one can gather from the highly subjective language used. I'm willing to believe that perhaps this was a misunderstanding (to some extent). However, the fact that several passengers were fully willing to back up the passenger in question leads me to believe that something out-of-line was probably said by the FA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.