Wiki Posts
Search

MBJ Lounge Access

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2006, 7:56 am
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

MBJ Lounge Access

Flying First to MBJ from ATL for my honeymoon. Is there a lounge in MBJ that we can use? I assume that the ticket does not qualify for the BE lounge access in ATL but any thoughts?

chris
Old Aug 31, 2006, 8:20 am

Programs: DL DM,MM; AS; USeless Air, HHonors Diamond, Starwood Plat, Hyatt Gold
Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu
Flying First to MBJ from ATL for my honeymoon. Is there a lounge in MBJ that we can use? I assume that the ticket does not qualify for the BE lounge access in ATL but any thoughts?

chris
Chris - don't get your hopes up or have too high expectations. The MoBay airport is one of the ickiest in the world and you'll be lucky to just find a clean bathroom much less a lounge. But hey, it's your honeymoon and you're going to Jamaica-Mon, so you'll have a great time regardless!
Old Aug 31, 2006, 12:37 pm
In memoriam

Programs: AA 1.8 MM, DL, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold,
Originally Posted by cbalaska
Chris - don't get your hopes up or have too high expectations. The MoBay airport is one of the ickiest in the world and you'll be lucky to just find a clean bathroom much less a lounge. But hey, it's your honeymoon and you're going to Jamaica-Mon, so you'll have a great time regardless!
They did have a lounge at 1 time..albeit rather small. I forgot the carrier..but it was either AJ or AA IIRC.
Old Aug 31, 2006, 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by cbalaska
Gee, it aint THAT bad. Just prepare to sweat through the customs/immigration. The departure area on the other hand, is perfectly nice and clean. Beware of the Jamaicans though. Very questionable people.
Old Aug 31, 2006, 7:18 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Delta Platinum AA Platinum
They have a renovated airport and the departure area is quite nice...Air Jamaica has a first class lounge but not certain if Delta FC passengers will be allowed access....very small and nondescript...no comments on the statement about Jamaican people as I am one of them.
Old Aug 31, 2006, 8:28 pm

Programs: DL DM,MM; AS; USeless Air, HHonors Diamond, Starwood Plat, Hyatt Gold
Originally Posted by IrieDame
They have a renovated airport and the departure area is quite nice...Air Jamaica has a first class lounge but not certain if Delta FC passengers will be allowed access....very small and nondescript...no comments on the statement about Jamaican people as I am one of them.
I love Jamaica and Jamaican people. I just had a bad time at the airport.
Old Sep 1, 2006, 12:41 am

Sometimes you are allowed to use the AJ lounge and sometimes you are not. The rules vary day by day according to who is working at the Delta desk (they give you the pass for entry as it is invitation only)
Old Sep 1, 2006, 6:30 pm

Programs: DL GM
Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu

chris
Many trips with DL First class, every time allowed access to Air Jamaica lounge by invitation. Clean loos and complimentary drinks and snacks(basic). Gets you out of the hustle and bustle of the airport and you can bring food in. The Jamaican people are a delight.
Old Sep 3, 2006, 2:42 am
Original Poster
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

thanks for aall the replies!
Old Mar 13, 2007, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Is the same offered to Delta PMs since this is an international station? Even though Air Jamaica isnt in SkyTeam, they are still a partner...but my hunch is no.
Old Mar 13, 2007, 8:41 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Is the same offered to Delta PMs since this is an international station? Even though Air Jamaica isnt in SkyTeam, they are still a partner...but my hunch is no.

Not for long!
Old Mar 14, 2007, 6:10 am

Programs: Delta SKYMILES GM 1MM, BRITISH AIRWAYS GOLD, HHONOURS DIAMOND, PRIORITY PASS
Originally Posted by DeltaRIC
Beware of the Jamaicans though. Very questionable people.
I personally find this remark racist and very distasteful.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.