Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

Delta might have worst looking membership cards among Skyteam

Old Sep 7, 03, 6:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, Marriot Titanium

So, as I was exploring Skyteam website, in hopes of maybe finding some info about Continental joining the team, I found the list of members and the pictures of their frequent flyer program cards.

In my opinion, DL has the most boring and plain cards among the team. What do you all think?

http://www.skyteam.com/EN/aboutSkyteam/aboutAF.jsp

Check it out for yourself.
Old Sep 7, 03, 6:15 pm

Does it matter? Do you ever take it out of your wallet?

marc
Old Sep 7, 03, 6:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, Marriot Titanium
Are you trying to tell me at the Song ticket counter you don't whip out your Platinum Medallion card and say, "DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM??? I AM A PM!!!!!"

Old Sep 7, 03, 6:46 pm
JRF

Programs: DL Flying Colonel, Hilton Diamond & a few other lower levls here and there
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by GoCanes:
Are you trying to tell me at the Song ticket counter you don't whip out your Platinum Medallion card and say, "DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM??? I AM A PM!!!!!"

</font>
Why would I ever do that, it is printed on my t-shirt

Old Sep 7, 03, 9:06 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by GoCanes:
In my opinion, DL has the most boring and plain cards among the team. What do you all think?

</font>
The others are just tacky.... Just take a look at all the co-branded Visa cards -- from Alumni Assoc., to Unions, Football, Basketball teams ..... they all have cards.... tacky tacky tacky .....
Old Sep 8, 03, 1:34 am

Yeah, the DL medalion card is pretty boring and ugly. The Korean Air ones are just boring.

------------------
No thanks, I'm just lurking. Call me the Lurker!
Old Sep 8, 03, 10:33 pm

Programs: DL MM, Marriott/SPG Lifetime Platinum Premier, HHonors Gold
Ok, now I've had enough - How do I comp to American? I can put up with:
  • MQMs
  • Elimination of PMUs
  • Reduction in upgrades
  • No food on flights
But an ugly SkyMiles card?! No way! This is an outrage! Leo, Vicky and the rest of the gang have lost me forever

Just kidding. To be honest, I really don't care WHAT my SkyMiles card looks like, as long as the kiosks can read it. Actually, I just wish Delta could combine our SkyMiles cards with our Delta American Express cards so that we had one less piece of plastic to lug around.
Old Sep 8, 03, 10:51 pm

Location: Atlanta, GA - AirTran Elite #1 FF * Delta Diamond Medallion * Starwood Platinum * PriorityClub Gold * Hilton Diamond
I'm just surprised that everyone here hasn't taken those ugly membership cards and gotten a free lifetime Elite match from AirTran before they make it annual instead of lifetime.
Old Sep 9, 03, 7:22 am
Moderator: Travel with Pets

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold

</font>
On our Song flights last weekend my wife and I were listed on the passenger manifest with other PM's, GM's and FO's. Trust me, we didn't receive any special attention from the FA's.

Old Sep 9, 03, 8:02 am

Programs: Vanishing
Card? What card? It is now September and I still haven't seen my new card for 2003. Not that it matters, but it would have been fun to see what you guys are talking about. Or is it so that the MM card now doubles for SM?
Old Sep 9, 03, 8:54 am

Location: SEA - DL DM/2MM, *A Gold, SPG Lifetime Plat, some other car and hotel stuff
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by JoeFlyer:
I'm just surprised that everyone here hasn't taken those ugly membership cards and gotten a free lifetime Elite match from AirTran before they make it annual instead of lifetime. </font>
JoeFlyer, would you email me? I have a question for you.

Search this Thread