Questions Regarding Deltas Service

Old Sep 2, 03, 4:10 pm
Original Poster

Questions Regarding Deltas Service

Going To LAX Soon. Planning On Flying
Chicago-Atlanta-Los Angeles

Should I Fly From:
ORD or MDW

What kind of food/beverage service on all flights? (CHI-ATL)(ATL-LAX)

How Is The Staff?

What Type Of Planes Go To ATL from ORD?

What Type OF Planes Go To ATL from MDW?

Any Help Would Be Greatly Appreciated!

bag-smasher
Old Sep 2, 03, 4:45 pm
Moderator: Travel with Pets

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by bag-smasher:
Going To LAX Soon. Planning On Flying
Chicago-Atlanta-Los Angeles

Should I Fly From:
ORD or MDW

What kind of food/beverage service on all flights? (CHI-ATL)(ATL-LAX)

How Is The Staff?

What Type Of Planes Go To ATL from ORD?

What Type OF Planes Go To ATL from MDW?

Any Help Would Be Greatly Appreciated!

bag-smasher
</font>
Hi bag-smasher, and welcome to FT. If you go to DL's website you can enter the dates that you wish to travel and the routes. They will tell you what planes are flying on those routes and what type of meal service is offered. https://www.delta.com/schedules/trav...ched/index.jsp

The front-line staff at DL is among the best in the industry.

Whether you should depart from ORD or MDW is really up to you based on your geographic location in relation to the airport and also the departure schedules.

BTW, is there a reason why you are not flying non-stop on either AA or UA from ORD-LAX? I assume that you may being staying in ATL, but if that isn't the case, perhaps you should reconsider your choice of carriers and fly non-stop.

Old Sep 2, 03, 9:28 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM 3MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat Elite
Ok................

First, you can download the DL schedule, which includes plane information, from the DL website. Also, many travel sites (itn.com, etour, etc) will indicate the plane type for you.

To your specific questions:

I'd probably lean towards MDW as they will probably be cheaper than ORD (Southwest influence). Secondly, MDW uses 737-800 equipment as opposed to 737-200 and MD88's. Now, there might be a good chance that the equipment out of MDW might be re-positioned shuttle aircraft. Not a bad thing though, no FC, but a much better coach product than DL mainline.

Don't expect much from either chicago airport to ATL. ATL to LAX will be some sort of snack or meal and a movie.

Also, check out www.seatguru.com for suggestions on good seat selections.

Good luck.
Old Sep 3, 03, 4:31 pm
Original Poster

Rssrsvp- There is a reason- My dad and I like to fly diffrent airlines anc see diffrent airlines. We were going to try with Delta, Northwest, or Continental. Depending on the price, maybe we might go nonstop on United.

Old Sep 3, 03, 4:36 pm
Original Poster

DL Platinum-

Thank you for your help- I could not find how to download the DL schedule. I did look at seatguru, pretty cool site.

Thanks For Your Help!
Old Sep 4, 03, 3:29 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by bag-smasher:
DL Platinum-

Thank you for your help- I could not find how to download the DL schedule. I did look at seatguru, pretty cool site.

Thanks For Your Help!
</font>
Try this link:
http://www.delta.com/schedules/trave...ched/index.jsp

The pull-down on the right side of the page lets you choose between the different formats for PC or Mac.

Search this Thread