Wiki Posts
Search

emailed Itinerary

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2003, 8:20 am
jfd
Original Poster

emailed Itinerary

as a PM, I got my seats in first for a recent trip (k class). When Dl sent my itinerary by email,the seats were in coach. Called SMS and she says they 'appear' in coach because it is booked as coach fare, but upon check in, I'll get my 1st class boarding pass.
Its a bit of anxiety on my part not to "see" the first class seats on the paper. Why can't it print out in first??
Old Aug 30, 2003, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
I would go to delta.com and make sure that you have been assigned F seats. If not, call and insist that it be done.

------------------
Vasant
Old Aug 30, 2003, 9:56 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
You don't have a FC ticket. You are upgraded into FC but you are still ticketed in coach. It may seem like a technicality, but it really isn't. If your flight were to be cancelled, for example, you are holding a coach ticket with a medallion upgrade, not a FC ticket. The rebooking would be into another coach seat with an all-new attempt to secure a medallion upgarde. Assuming there was another coach seat to book you into does not mean that the upgrade would also still be available on the new flight.
Old Aug 30, 2003, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
RobertS975, I understood the OP to say that he/she had been assigned coach seats.

When I upgrade at time of booking, I always receive an itinerary/eticket showing the upgraded fare class (V) and a seat assignment in the front cabin.

------------------
Vasant
Old Aug 30, 2003, 11:34 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by vasantn:
RobertS975, I understood the OP to say that he/she had been assigned coach seats.

When I upgrade at time of booking, I always receive an itinerary/eticket showing the upgraded fare class (V) and a seat assignment in the front cabin.

</font>

Your boarding pass will say V but your itinerary will have the original fare class, and it will say COACH even if there is a FC seat assignment.
Old Aug 30, 2003, 3:50 pm

Location: Florida - Delta Charter DM/3.3MM; Lifetime SPG Plat; HH Gold;
Although the e-mail itinarary shows all coach seats, when you look at your itinerary at Delta.com., it alsways shows your V upgrade seats.

Don't worry. YOu will have you FC upgrade.

Just enjoy the trip in FC since no one will be sitting up front in January 2004!
Old Aug 30, 2003, 4:55 pm

Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, DL DM since inception, 3+ MM, HH Gold, SPG-Gold
Programs: DL, UA, AA, HH, SPG, HH, Hertz, Avis
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by jfd:
as a PM, I got my seats in first for a recent trip (k class). When Dl sent my itinerary by email,the seats were in coach. Called SMS and she says they 'appear' in coach because it is booked as coach fare, but upon check in, I'll get my 1st class boarding pass.
Its a bit of anxiety on my part not to "see" the first class seats on the paper. Why can't it print out in first??
</font>

It is a blessing for government employed people like me that the receipt I put in for reimbursement shows a coach seat rather than my upgraded FC seat, which I then would have to document did not cost more money.

As I mentioned in an other thread, this is a feature I especially like.

I had to fight to be able to make my own bookings, but my employer (a big State University) has recognized that since I am responsible for my departments budget, it is better - and perhaps cheaper - to let me do my own bookins rather than having to hassle with the U.'s designated travel agency which rarely suggested the cheapest fares and almost always screwed up the booking resulting in complaints from people like me and lots of administration to fix it. But even though I am a master of my own budget, I have to adhere to Gvernment/University rules which requires U. president approval for travel in paid F or C class allegedly almost never granted to those foolish enough to apply.

The anxiety can be taken care of by as mentioned going to the Delta website and verify that the upgrade indeed is verified and a seat selected.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.