Last Delta Trip Was A Good One

Old Aug 26, 03, 8:47 pm
Original Poster

Last Delta Trip Was A Good One

This is my very first post...and may be my last. Please excuse any slips in language, etc. I've been a Delta SkyMiles member since Delta bought Western Airlines a long time ago. I'm a typical government flyer, having to fly mostly LUT fares. Made FO about 5 years ago and have been able to maintain it since, flying exclusively on Delta. I just completed a HNL-SLC-MCO-DFW-LAS-SLC-HNL trip last week and was able to upgrade every segment. It was my last splurge with the 500 mile segment upgrades as I know that I can not make the MQM's necessary to make FO again. I will probably switch to United for long hauls or Aloha and Hawaiian for West Coast trips. I plan to slowly use my 375,000 miles over the next couple of years for SkyChoice seats, as the Skysavers are difficult to get out of Hawaii. I've enjoyed the posts and wanted to use this opportunity to thank the regulars on Flyertalk for a very rewarding experience. I've learned a lot. Thank you

------------------
Old Aug 26, 03, 9:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by eflyer:
This is my very first post...and may be my last. Please excuse any slips in language, etc. I've been a Delta SkyMiles member since Delta bought Western Airlines a long time ago. I'm a typical government flyer, having to fly mostly LUT fares. Made FO about 5 years ago and have been able to maintain it since, flying exclusively on Delta. I just completed a HNL-SLC-MCO-DFW-LAS-SLC-HNL trip last week and was able to upgrade every segment. It was my last splurge with the 500 mile segment upgrades as I know that I can not make the MQM's necessary to make FO again. I will probably switch to United for long hauls or Aloha and Hawaiian for West Coast trips. I plan to slowly use my 375,000 miles over the next couple of years for SkyChoice seats, as the Skysavers are difficult to get out of Hawaii. I've enjoyed the posts and wanted to use this opportunity to thank the regulars on Flyertalk for a very rewarding experience. I've learned a lot. Thank you </font>
Welcome eflyer! Stick around and post a bit as we can always use another disgruntled DL flyer to commiserate with.
I may be joining you on the Aloha and/or Hawaiian flights to and from HI. I'm a member of both programs and have made a concerted effort this year to rack as many miles as possible to attain some sort of elite status.
Unfortunately, it appears that DL will not be a viable choice next year from the West Coast to Hawaii....or vice versa.

Old Aug 27, 03, 2:51 pm
JS
Suspended

Programs: DL Gold Medallion; UA Premier Executive; WN sub-CP; AA sub-Gold
Be careful before you jump ship -- award tickets for popular destinations, Hawaii included, have been difficult to obtain on any airline for years.

------------------
"Where's my money?" -- Pizza the Hutt
Old Aug 27, 03, 5:52 pm

Try using some of those 375K monopoly dollars on Northwest... award avail out of HI seems a little better than Delta at times.
Old Aug 27, 03, 9:58 pm
Original Poster

Yes, Northwest gives me an option to use the miles that I've accrued. I'm one of the low end, very loyal Delta flyer that Delta management wants to get rid of so I'm going. I have a better chance to make the elite level with United, if they can make it past the bankruptcy

------------------
Old Aug 30, 03, 9:18 am

For Hawaii, DL SM is great if you book 330 days in advance at 12:01AM on day 330. You have any seat on the plane to grab!

I've been doing it for over 10 years & never a problem, even with CO, NWA & UAL who I fly this year. Because DL arrives at OGG at 7PM, too late for my liking, I want them back to at least 4PM as they used to be with non-stop to ATL or CVG which they have started.

Search this Thread