Wiki Posts
Search

Industry Leading Improvements in Tulsa

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2003, 11:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, DL FO/1MM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, National Exec Elite
Industry Leading Improvements in Tulsa

I just found it hilarious when I went to the ticket counter at our small little station in TUL, and saw the # of kiosks doubled and 4 Delta Direct Phones on the wall. LOL! I can't wait to talk to the station manager when he has to come out from behind the counter under the title "Lobby Assist Agent" or whatever... I mean, I wouldn't be surprised if they fired everyone except 1 gate agent and baggage handlers... Come on DL, people like to talk to people! not a computer screen or someone on a phone a 1000 miles away...
Old Aug 28, 2003, 2:10 pm
JRF

Programs: DL Flying Colonel
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by jjglaze77:
I just found it hilarious when I went to the ticket counter at our small little station in TUL, and saw the # of kiosks doubled and 4 Delta Direct Phones on the wall. LOL! I can't wait to talk to the station manager when he has to come out from behind the counter under the title "Lobby Assist Agent" or whatever... I mean, I wouldn't be surprised if they fired everyone except 1 gate agent and baggage handlers... Come on DL, people like to talk to people! not a computer screen or someone on a phone a 1000 miles away...</font>
While I agree, I would prefer to deal with a real person, the option to use a computer or phone instead of having to interact with an ASA agent at terminal C ATL would be welcome.

Old Aug 28, 2003, 2:19 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by JRF:
While I agree, I would prefer to deal with a real person, the option to use a computer or phone instead of having to interact with an ASA agent at terminal C ATL would be welcome.

</font>
...or a kiosk... or a Suicide Booth...
Old Aug 28, 2003, 8:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, DL FO/1MM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, National Exec Elite
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Spiff:
...or a kiosk... or a Suicide Booth... </font>
Actually, I am VERY happy to report that ASA has PULLED OUT of TUL. lol, we were one of the cities to reap the benefits of the retirement of good ole' Brasilias. Chautauqua isn't bad (compared to an ASA EMB-120 of course...), but they don't have the Biscoffs... or at least haven't served them on any of the flights I've been on yet... Those things are the best!

Regarding this thread, I do have a report from the "new" TUL. I hadn't flown in about a week, so the installed the stuff within that time, but today I went to cash in a DBC voucher and there they were, the LAA's out in full force. So I approach one of them just to see where they direct me, and he sent me to the Delta Direct Phones. I wasn't aware you could cash in a voucher over the phone, but it would seem so. SO I went to the phone (even though I was the ONLY customer at the counter, with 4 agents available) and after about 5 minutes she had my itineraries ticketed and confirmed. The agent closest to the phones handed me my itinerary confirmation, checked my CC Card (used for balance over voucher), checked ID, and collected the vouchers... Although it was a good experience, I find it interesting that they made me use the phones... I suppose it is a requirement for them to reduce the number of actual agent assists? Perhaps UDH could shed some light?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.