Hyatt Diamond Promo

Old Aug 25, 03, 8:49 pm
Original Poster

Location: NW Platinum, UA UGS, Hertz Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Hyatt Diamond Promo

Today I got a temp Hyatt Diamond Card based on my PM status (it stated this in the letter) valid through the end of the year. It also spelled out redeuced requirements to maintain Diamond status through Feb 2005. Any other PMs get this offer??
Old Aug 25, 03, 8:53 pm

Programs: UA-Silver; Hyatt Platinum; SPG Gold
Didn't receive anything but hopefully it is on the way. Have an upcoming stay at Park Hyatt Vendome. Could use the Diamond status.
Old Aug 25, 03, 10:01 pm

Programs: UA *G 1MM, AA Gold, MR Lifetime Titanium
I got the same thing in the mail today, but my letter said it was because of my UA 1K status. I wonder if I'll be getting a second one for my PM status? That may be the last thing of value that my PM status will get me...
Old Aug 25, 03, 10:09 pm

Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, DL DM since inception, 3+ MM, HH Gold, SPG-Gold
Programs: DL, UA, AA, HH, SPG, HH, Hertz, Avis
No Hyatt Diamond, but I got a Delta sponsored Starwood Gold Preferred Card late last week, also with what appears to be a short-cut to maintaining it.

Wopuldn't mind the Hyatt Diamond invitation though.

Old Aug 26, 03, 6:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA MM, BV Titanium, HH Diamond
Hyatt does this from time to time and there appears to be only one reason that we can see as to who gets the offer and who doesn't.

A few years ago, wife (CO Plat) was targeted and I (also CO Plat) was not. Possibly the fact that I already had a Gold Passport number and she did not was the controlling factor in the offer.
Old Aug 26, 03, 7:10 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Wild Wild Life, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Got one last year. Could have been by virtue of being AA EXP too. Don't remember. I stay at Hilton and *wood properties anyway.
Old Aug 26, 03, 7:26 am

Location: SEA - DL DM/2MM, *A Gold, SPG Lifetime Plat, some other car and hotel stuff
I received same. The mailing was quite explicit that I received the comp due to my PM status with DL. I bet that Hyatt pays handsomely for that valuable mailing list!

I reviewed the perks, and they seem to pale in comparison to Starwood's top tier. Nevertheless, I might make a go of this on the Big Island in November, where there are no Starwoods.
Old Aug 26, 03, 7:28 am

Got the offer this week. It cited my DL PM status as the reason for the offer.

I won't use it. Hyatt is generally out of my price range and not always located closest to clients' offices.

I use my available travel budget to buy K+ for upgrades and sleep at more modest hotels.
Old Aug 26, 03, 8:47 am

Programs: DL MM/GM, WN A-List, SPG PLAT
Bert,
I feel bad for you, you have to stay at a Westin and try that Heavenly Bed. It makes being on the road weekly a little more bearable!

I always use SPG properties unless I am in a city that doesn't have one, like RSW last week where I enjoyed the Hampton Inn (Gasp!) with the Gold VIP Hilton Honors card they sent me last year for being a DL Plat.
Old Aug 26, 03, 9:08 am

Location: SEA - DL DM/2MM, *A Gold, SPG Lifetime Plat, some other car and hotel stuff
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by andymo99:
I reviewed the perks, and they seem to pale in comparison to Starwood's top tier. Nevertheless, I might make a go of this on the Big Island in November, where there are no Starwoods.</font>
Nevermind, Hyatt seems to lack properties on the Big Island as well.
Old Aug 26, 03, 9:15 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by BertBamboo:
Got the offer this week. It cited my DL PM status as the reason for the offer.
I won't use it. Hyatt is generally out of my price range and not always located closest to clients' offices.

I use my available travel budget to buy K+ for upgrades and sleep at more modest hotels..
</font>

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ThisDJ:
Bert,
I feel bad for you, you have to stay at a Westin and try that Heavenly Bed. It makes being on the road weekly a little more bearable!

I always use SPG properties unless I am in a city that doesn't have one, like RSW last week where I enjoyed the Hampton Inn (Gasp!) with the Gold VIP Hilton Honors card they sent me last year for being a DL Plat.
</font>
Come 2004, Bert's decision of whether to choose more comfortable air travel or more comfortable hotel stays will be made for him. Paying up for K+ fares will no longer be enough to upgrade consistently, so Bert might as well buy insULTs and transfer that budget to better hotels.
Old Aug 26, 03, 10:31 am

Programs: DL MM/GM, WN A-List, SPG PLAT
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by andymo99:
Come 2004, Bert's decision of whether to choose more comfortable air travel or more comfortable hotel stays will be made for him. Paying up for K+ fares will no longer be enough to upgrade consistently, so Bert might as well buy insULTs and transfer that budget to better hotels.</font>
You may have hit on something here, forgoing the extra money to Upgrade your seat on the plane and put that money (on many routes a small fraction of the upgrade costs)into luxurious hotel accommodations. Hmmmm..

Old Aug 26, 03, 2:13 pm

Come 2004, Bert's decision of whether to choose more comfortable air travel or more comfortable hotel stays will be made for him. Paying up for K+ fares will no longer be enough to upgrade consistently, so Bert might as well buy insULTs and transfer that budget to better hotels.</font>
andymo99;

We will see. I believe that DL will make some changes to the program and that I will continue next year in a very similar manner to the last several years, nearly 100% upgrade success. If the price of F continues its downward trend I may find myself buying discounted F fares to some markets, and then upgrades become a moot point (thank you AirTran).

Anyway, I am very satisfied with the Hampton Inns and other similar price point brands. Since I am generally only there long enough for the 4 S's, I don't see myself making a change regardless of what happens at DL.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: