Wiki Posts
Search

Get the Word out about "Enhanced Changes!!!"

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2003, 8:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL MM 3.2, DM; UAL; AAL
Get the Word out about "Enhanced Changes!!!"

I was on a DL flight Sunday sitting next to another PM. We discussed the "enhanced changes" -- this person had NO idea of the scope of the changes!

He said there are over 100 people in his company on the east coast, most of whom fly Delta...and most of thse seem not to realize the extinction of unlimited upgrades. He couldn't believe it will cost $480.00 (in addition to the cost of the ticket) to buy enough segments to upgrade to LAX/SAN/SFO where he often flies.

This person intends to email all of his co-workers to advise them of the changes and recommend a change to USAir.

Maybe, just maybe!, if other GROUPS make this kind of move, Delta will do what most of us hope they will do before we bail out: reconsider!!!!!!!

Possibly this chat site should suggest a date (September 15/October 1????) for individuals and groups to email Delta indicating we plan to bail out. Maybe this would be the impetus for Delta to reconsider their changes. I surely DO NOT want to leave Delta -- after 20+ years -- but other carriers offer so much more!

I'd be interrested in your thoughts.
Old Aug 5, 2003, 8:48 am

Programs: DL 1.3MM/SM, Lifetime Marriott Platinum
It should make for a fun and interesting year end/beginning of next year.
Old Aug 5, 2003, 10:01 am

As a new person, I have come to the conclusion that delta's program is of limited worth. But for the fact that primary international destination is serviced by delta AF, and a nationalized airline, I am limited in choices.

Domestically, I don't have a problem flying the competition. Since I have slim chances of using my miles unless I am a medalion elite supremo and the quifiers are cut in half by the time I qualify for silver, it will not matter. (can't buy in, can't idine in, can't smooze in.)

Delta should just cut Business fares to a lower price and eliminate upgrades?
Then again perhaps I have just absorbed all the negativity in the Delta forum.
Old Aug 5, 2003, 10:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL MM 3.2, DM; UAL; AAL
Not only was benefits (or lack of) a concern for the PM I was speaking with but also the ability to qualify with SEGMENTS. He already has 70,000 MQMs but with most airlines qualifying at 100 segments and Continental at 90 segments he said "why would anyone stay with Delta who can be served by another carrier--and qualify easier whiLE receiving benefits?"

If DL were to qualify by segments and miles but leave the upgrading policy on LUT fares as they are presently (24/12 hour), I'm sure people wouldn't "jump ship".

Filling a seat with a $200.00 ticket--or 10 or 20 seats--surely beats sending the plane out with empty seats!

It's not too late for Delta to win back the LOYALTY it has lost with the "enhanced Skymiles program!!"
Old Aug 5, 2003, 3:57 pm

Programs: AA Gold 1MM
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by garywies:
It's not too late for Delta to win back the LOYALTY it has lost with the "enhanced Skymiles program!!"</font>
Too late here.

You also must remember that these are the changes we asked for. Why would Delta recind something we "wanted"? I'm not sure what was worse, the SkyMiles changes, or the way Delta tried to spin it and shove it down my throat as something to benefit me. It only benefited American Airlines. To date, I have spent almost as much on plane tickets this year as I did all of last year. To echo many others on this board, "It would have all gone to Delta this year if it weren't for the changes."

[This message has been edited by ByeByeDelta (edited 08-05-2003).]
Old Aug 5, 2003, 5:28 pm

Programs: DL PM / 1MM "Enhancee" (Frequent Flyer) Since 1990
Would it be worth doing an end of year petition of names in one email to DL management / customer service? All the FO's, GM's and especially PM's who are going to switch? Perhaps (althought unlikely in their abject stupidity) DL may realise - when confronted with a list of several hundred names (and skymiles balance totals), they are about to lose ALOT of good customers..
Old Aug 5, 2003, 6:10 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

That was an intended purpose of this thread, heckler.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.