Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BDL CRC to close

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2003, 10:38 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Factotum:

There are still some outlying CRCs left in the system: JAX, MCI, BNA, PHX, SJU... Might these be next?
</font>
I have been worried for some time that BNA would be closed. I would think JAX and BNA would have about the same level of security - good or bad. MCI, PHX, SJU would seem very precarious. At least BNA and JAX are on Delta's home turf in SE.

I would also add that closing od PDX was a real heartbreaker for me. Great staff, great club. Too bad.

Old Jun 13, 2003, 10:58 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by zrs70:
I believe they were called "courtesy clubs." You would get the combination code from a gate agent. The rooms were stocked with drinks and snack mix. Very pleasent places to wait. I really liked the STL location. </font>
I don't remember what they were called...you may be correct.Either they'd use the combination thing or the gate agent/ticket agent would let you in. Most people didn't know they existed so many times you'd be the only one in there.
I remember some had signs inside the door that said " Please don't respond to knocking!"

Old Jun 16, 2003, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Prem1K, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by gt0138d:
Interesting you should say that. I was talking to another PM during check-in who was critical about DL's decision to close this CRC - a huge perk for him. </font>
I dunno...it's kind of a cubby-hole, and it's before security. It beats standing at the gate, I suppose.

*shrugs*

O/H
Old Mar 10, 2006, 5:09 pm

Programs: DL GM
In the past year, DL has added flights out of BDL to SLC, LAX, JFK, RSW, and effective June 8, LAS. Anyone know if they plan on reopening a club soon?
Old Mar 10, 2006, 6:07 pm

Programs: DL FO,Starwood Gold, Hertz 5*, National Executive, Nexus & Global Entry
woah, wayyy old thread.
Old Mar 10, 2006, 6:12 pm

Programs: DL Plat, NW Plat(x2), BMI Gold, IC Ambassador, etc
Thanks for digging up the 3 year old thread

I'm not sure what to expect from DL as far as CRC's. With the new lounge sharing in place, there may eventually be some consolidation (assumming the alliance lasts long term) in CO/DL/NW clubs at the same facility, and with that, a chance that DL might open some clubs in markets they service and do not have a club in..
Old Mar 10, 2006, 6:21 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Skymiles, Mileage Plus, BA Executive Club, WorldPerks
Originally Posted by chfenton
Do they really think we want that stupid positive spin and can't recognize that they are basically just telling us that when they move they are closing the crown room because they are in big financial trouble. I Hate DL (former PM now GM next year FO).

I don't "hate" DAL, but I am...MillionMiler, former GM, FO, and currently AA Platinum (working on EXP)
Old Mar 10, 2006, 7:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Retired :)
Originally Posted by gpan
Thanks for digging up the 3 year old thread
That's what happens when we are told to search first. I've often start reading a thread and say to myself ..., that is old news.... only to realize that the thread is 3 years old that was just recently replied to.

I just had a question about my hottub. I went to a site that has a forum on hottubs and searched for my brand. I asked a question in a thread that was started and ended in 1999. I didn't realize it was that old and someone asked "Why was this 7 year old thread reopened?". I am just conditioned to search and thought that was supposed to be the normal procedure on all sites. LOL, I am still about it. (I guess you had to be there. )
Old Mar 10, 2006, 7:20 pm

Programs: DL MM/FC/FO; UA PS; AA GLD
Originally Posted by zrs70
I believe they were called "courtesy clubs." You would get the combination code from a gate agent. The rooms were stocked with drinks and snack mix. Very pleasent places to wait. I really liked the STL location.
AUS had one in the old airport that was very nice. It had a self-serve bar, television, several work stations, and was nicely decorated. MUCH better than hanging out in the terminal. At the new airport only CO and AA have clubs. Their decision not to open one in the new airport was one of the three reasons I stopped paying to fly Delta.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.