Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated Delta Winter Travel Promotions

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2003, 11:18 pm

Would now be a good time for the Delta lurker to come around and answer a few questions about all this?

Personally, I like "winterchoice" "winteropions" and "winterselect" the best (even though I don't qualify)

How in the world did you find these ? What kind of search did you use ? Can you use boolean in the Delta sky miles search form ?
Old Feb 26, 2003, 5:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Canarsie:
For those of you who were not eligible for any promotion, you have not tried choosing Back from the menu of your browser and clicking Go again. You will not have to re-enter your Medallion number as it will already be filled out.

Try this. I bet it will work on every offer. Whether the offers actually come to fruition - well, that remains to be seen....
</font>
How strange! Yes, this trick does work. I was able to register for any offers that I wanted. The best, in my opinion, are:

http://www.delta.com/winteraward
http://www.delta.com/winterchoice

Bruce (late for dinner)

[This message has been edited by bdschobel (edited 02-26-2003).]
Old Feb 26, 2003, 6:58 am

Watch out! Delta will start calling you guys hackers.
Old Feb 26, 2003, 7:06 am

I was able to register myself for only one and my wife for a different one out of the total group. I wonder if each of us will get something in the mail, as one FTer above did, in the near future inviting us to sign up for these respective promos. Interestingly, when I went back and tried to register each of us again for the same promo we'd been accepted for previously it said we were not eligible. Which registration attempt should we believe? I don't think I'd bet a lot of money that either of us will ever see anything from either promo.
Old Feb 26, 2003, 7:11 am

Programs: NW-PE, Blue Star SeaSmiles
Thanks Canarsie for the trick tip. Worked for me.
Old Feb 26, 2003, 7:26 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by bdschobel:
Well, how do you think I feel? I was accepted by NONE of them! And I tried my five immediate family members in the better ones, and they weren't accepted, either! Eventually, I'll try all six of us in all 25 promotions, but so far, zero acceptances.

Bruce
</font>
Bruce, sorry to hear that.

Maybe you too should join me in the "only 1 paid Delta Shuttle flight segment year-to-date and other than that I am flying Delta using my Delta miles for free travel or flying on paid travel with other carriers, principally OneWorld members" category.

Thanks to you, I found out that I qualified for 3 promotions that overlap. Namely, the fly 2k, 4k, and 8k MQMs for your choice of A,B,C, or D. Strange thing is if I fly 8k, I wonder if I get 3 promotion choices or not.

By the way, I never get a targeted promotion from anyone. Either that or I don't check my mail and e-mail myself well enough. I do however avail myself to many FT-suggested promotions in the past.
Old Feb 26, 2003, 7:29 am

From which window to you select "back?" I don't even have that option.
Old Feb 26, 2003, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
Right-click on the window (after you get rejected), and you'll get a "back" choice. You may have to try it a couple of times.

Bruce
Old Feb 26, 2003, 7:34 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by upgrader:
I don't think I'd bet a lot of money that either of us will ever see anything from either promo.</font>
So the worst that will happen is we get no bonuses, which is what we started out with before these offers came to light.

The best that will happen is we all benefit.

One cannot succeed without at least trying.

[This message has been edited by Canarsie (edited 02-26-2003).]
Old Feb 26, 2003, 7:48 am

Programs: DL Gold
Out of curiousity - those that got targeted for these promotions, have you been flying as much as you did last year? I also received an envelope last night in the mail. It was for the 8K, free RT promotion.

Last year by mid February, I had already flown 21,000 base miles with DL. This year, I have 1000 MQM, from one RT to FL. And it's not due to lack of flying by any means, I have simply chosen other airlines. I have probably flown about 12,000 so far, but will be taking another intl trip in March, so that puts me at around 22,000 so far this year. I was just wondering if this was the experience of other FTers who got "targeted".
Old Feb 26, 2003, 7:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I'm flying less, but not a lot less (12979 MQMs year-to-date). I also have a handful of future trips ticketed already (one is award tickets, however). I have lots of future trips ticketed on United, with more to come.

Bruce
Old Feb 26, 2003, 8:16 am

Programs: Delta DM
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by travelchick72:
Out of curiousity - those that got targeted for these promotions, have you been flying as much as you did last year? I also received an envelope last night in the mail. It was for the 8K, free RT promotion.

Last year by mid February, I had already flown 21,000 base miles with DL. This year, I have 1000 MQM, from one RT to FL. And it's not due to lack of flying by any means, I have simply chosen other airlines. I have probably flown about 12,000 so far, but will be taking another intl trip in March, so that puts me at around 22,000 so far this year. I was just wondering if this was the experience of other FTers who got "targeted".
</font>
I have around 1500 MQM's for this year. Last year I was around 14,000 miles at this time. I've flown just over 12,000 YTD over three different airlines. There are some instances where I'll have to fly Delta, but I avoid them if possible.

Edited to add eligible for "winterselect"

[This message has been edited by Kevbeau (edited 02-26-2003).]
Old Feb 26, 2003, 8:22 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriot Platinum
I am around 16000 MQM and have a trip to London on the way on an (M) fare. I am eligible for the certificate promotion.
Old Feb 26, 2003, 8:25 am

While I appreciate those who thanked me for the "try again" suggestion to become eligible for the aforementioned SkyMiles benefits, it was not my idea at all.

Brendan deserves all the credit, as Brendan first enlightened me of this technique in this thread. I merely refined Brendan's idea for better clarity.

So thank you again, Brendan!
Old Feb 26, 2003, 8:28 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by travelchick72:
Out of curiousity - those that got targeted for these promotions, have you been flying as much as you did last year?</font>
Ironically, I have actually flown more on Delta this year than last year.

Go figure...

[This message has been edited by Canarsie (edited 02-26-2003).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.