Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2007, 1:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
SDC on MR... (answer not in the FAQ)

I'm doing a MR to MCI with the following routing:
OAK-ATL-MCI-ATL-LAX-OAK. I'd like to add another LAX segment to make:
OAK-LAX-ATL-MCI...

When I call 3 hours prior to the departure of OAK-LAX, will/can they also confirm me on LAX-ATL at the same time or do I have a chance of being stuck overnight at LAX?
Old Nov 10, 2007, 4:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
With SDC, all segments would have to clear at once. For example, if OAK-LAX is wide open but there's nothing ATL-LAX, you wouldn't be able to do SDC - you'd only be able to do Same Day Standby as a GM.
Old Nov 10, 2007, 7:46 am

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
If there is availability on both legs of the extra connection you want to make, you'll also have to pay an extra landing fee. The time I've done it in the past it was around $10 extra (in CVG).
Old Nov 10, 2007, 11:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
So I guess my question is, assuming there is availability:

1. Will they allow me to clear LAX-ATL, even though it would be more than 3 hrs prior to that segment, and
2. Will they allow me to keep the rest of the segments the same?

Thanks.
Old Nov 10, 2007, 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by Palal
So I guess my question is, assuming there is availability:

1. Will they allow me to clear LAX-ATL, even though it would be more than 3 hrs prior to that segment, and
2. Will they allow me to keep the rest of the segments the same?

Thanks.
1) Yes they will. However, you need to make sure that the new routing is valid (call SMS earlier than you want to SDC and ask).

2) Yes
Old Nov 10, 2007, 4:25 pm

Programs: UA, AA, AS, SPG.
Originally Posted by mersk862
With SDC, all segments would have to clear at once. For example, if OAK-LAX is wide open but there's nothing ATL-LAX, you wouldn't be able to do SDC - you'd only be able to do Same Day Standby as a GM.
In my experience they will confirm you on segments that have space and allow you to standby for segments that do not have space.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.