Buttons Arrived

Old Mar 3, 03, 9:17 pm
Moderator: Marriott Bonvoy & Travel with Children
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
Buttons Arrived

I got home from a trip today and found a box containing 100 beautiful "Driving Every Loyal Traveler Away" buttons, featuring Da Rat! Wow, are these great-looking. A million thanks to GG, who did all the work.

I'll be putting these in the mail to satisfy many requests over the next few days. Maybe we could arrange a NYC dinner this week, where I could hand them out to locals. Any interest?

Bruce
Old Mar 3, 03, 9:26 pm

Programs: DL PM / 1MM "Enhancee" (Frequent Flyer) Since 1990
Unless it would cause some sort of legal ramifications, perhaps one or two buttons should be mailed to DL in Atlanta, noting that this is but a first step in getting word out about how DL is crapping on its best customers and Leo "the brain" is allowing DL's workforce and customers to self destruct..

Steve G

------------
Quote of the day: "Youre about as popular as a greek at a turkish happy hour.."
Old Mar 3, 03, 9:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WorldPerks Demoted again to SE, DL 3.1MM Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Bruce, are we ordering more buttons so we can give/sell? them on flights
Old Mar 3, 03, 9:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
I would certainly like to order more. Maybe GG can tell us how to do that.

Bruce
Old Mar 3, 03, 9:52 pm

Location: FLL; DL PM; CO Silver; Hilton Diamond; Priority Club Gold; Hertz PC; National Emerald; et al
Bruce,

It's probably been said elsewhere, but to save searching on other threads, can you please post here how to obtain buttons
Old Mar 3, 03, 10:25 pm
GG

Programs: Mr Hertz & I have an Understanding. ;-> HH Diamond. DL PM (woo... at least it's clearly earned!)
Bruce, thanks for posting so fast. We've had few problems with the USPO from here as a rule, but I always worry.

Mikey, send me your address. I can ship some extra buttons to you, and you should get them in a day from here.

Everyone else should send their requests to:

Bruce Schobel
5 Oakwood Way
Princeton Junction, NJ 08550

or contact him by e-mail at [email protected]

I would strongly suggest that if you haven't already contributed to the cause, you at least send a few bucks to cover postage etc.

------------------
email on profile
Old Mar 3, 03, 10:28 pm

Programs: DL GM, UA 1P, AA GLD
Perhaps set up a paypal account like the USAir cockroach guy.
Old Mar 3, 03, 10:35 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA- Lifetime Platinum; Marriott - Lifetime Platinum: Starwood - Gold; IHG - Platinum
I, for one, would like to see tens of thousands of buttons traveling in the sky. How can we make this happen? I am willing to pay for buttons I get (personally) so that we can keep our funds for other PR. What is the best way to go about getting many buttons out there?

IMHO a hundred buttons in the sky doesn't make much of a statement.

We don't want to overburden Bruce with distribution. I would volunteer to help. We also need to be sure GG is compensated for any further buttons.

Thanks Bruce and GG for your efforts!
Old Mar 3, 03, 10:43 pm
GG

Programs: Mr Hertz & I have an Understanding. ;-> HH Diamond. DL PM (woo... at least it's clearly earned!)
Paypal costs around 8% to the payee. Glen (Ozstamps) is very kindly willing to eat the merchant charge on contributions to the cause. If that's what you're talking about, check with him. E-mail to [email protected]

If you just want a button, I'm sure Bruce will mail you one.

Bruce, I also want to let people know that I can do some buttons without the rat, and just the slogan and url on it.

------------------
email on profile
Old Mar 3, 03, 10:59 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver
Bruce, YHM
Old Mar 3, 03, 11:25 pm
Moderator: Travel with Pets

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by bdschobel:
Maybe we could arrange a NYC dinner this week, where I could hand them out to locals. Any interest?
Bruce
</font>
Wednesday or Thursday is fine for me this week. Next week I will be out of action all week. The following week, we can play by ear. Perhaps we can meet at a local airport if you are in the neighborhood.
Old Mar 4, 03, 12:25 pm
In Memoriam

As teh "author" of D E L T A, can I get a few for the folks in my office?

I just had a thought too, Bruce if you can swing it, send the buttons with a promise of a donation to a favorite charity.....

I'll send 5,000 miles to make a wish if you send me a few.....
Old Mar 4, 03, 12:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP/3MM
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by bdschobel:
Maybe we could arrange a NYC dinner this week, where I could hand them out to locals. Any interest?</font>
That would be great, Bruce. I could give you my contribution in person. I've been on the road or in the air constantly and haven't had 5 minutes at home to write out a check and mail it to you.

------------------
Vasant
Old Mar 4, 03, 1:47 pm
JRF

Programs: DL Flying Colonel, Hilton Diamond & a few other lower levls here and there
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by GG:
Paypal costs around 8% to the payee.
</font>
This is not correct, suggest you go and look at paypal, a personal account has no fees up to a limit which I dont remember. But the most my web customers pay is 2.9%+30c.
Old Mar 4, 03, 2:09 pm
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Rssrsvp:
Wednesday or Thursday is fine for me this week. Next week I will be out of action all week. The following week, we can play by ear. Perhaps we can meet at a local airport if you are in the neighborhood. </font>
Wednesday and Thursday work for me, too. How many will join us?

Bruce

Search this Thread