Head Count

Old Mar 14, 2003, 6:32 pm
Original Poster

Head Count

People come and go here all the time. Could we get a head count of all the people who are taking some kind of action.

Please, if you disagree with this point of view would you refrain from posting. It would be nice to have the people who are usually "read only" post just this once.

Hoew many of us are there?

------------------
Delta GM, Marriott GM. Hertz 5* etc,etc.
Old Mar 14, 2003, 7:27 pm
ak

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by gannet:
Could we get a head count of all the people who are taking some kind of action.
</font>
Taking some action regarding.....???

Old Mar 14, 2003, 8:13 pm

Location: FLL; DL PM; CO Silver; Hilton Diamond; Priority Club Gold; Hertz PC; National Emerald; et al
I'm wearing buttons, writing letters to editor, talking to FF's, writing Delta...
Old Mar 14, 2003, 9:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WorldPerks Demoted again to SE, DL 3.1MM Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by FL-Delta-Platinum:
I'm wearing buttons, writing letters to editor, talking to FF's, writing Delta...</font>
Ditto
Old Mar 14, 2003, 10:39 pm

I've taken 22 flights this year and haven't seen or heard one iota of disatisfaction from anyone... crew, agents or passengers. I suspect that people are basically moving forward with their lives and caring about more important things.

Old Mar 15, 2003, 3:56 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
I am flying as usual enjoying my PM privileges for 2003. One difference: family trip in April, I paid for my ticket but three accompanying family members will be on FC award tix. Normally I would have bought a ticket for my wife (a GM) and upgraded her with a NAMU (mine or hers) with kids in discounted coach seats. But I do not care if my wife scores any MQMs this year.
Old Mar 15, 2003, 5:21 am

Programs: delta pm, aa exp, hilton diamond
I have moved on to a new airline!
Old Mar 15, 2003, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WorldPerks Demoted again to SE, DL 3.1MM Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
BTW, I will be moving on to another airline as soon as I requalify PM..just to keep CRC one more year and in case a miracle occurs and DL gives back some of what they have distroyed.
Old Mar 16, 2003, 7:41 pm
R-

Emailed, recieved a canned response and then moved the family onto a new airline. AA, UA, NW, CO, and RG all offered to comp the four of us to their middle tier. The hardest part was choosing which one to take.
Old Mar 17, 2003, 5:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by FrequencyFlyer:
I've taken 22 flights this year and haven't seen or heard one iota of disatisfaction from anyone... crew, agents or passengers. I suspect that people are basically moving forward with their lives and caring about more important things.</font>
And how many years have you been working for Delta? Seriously, if you haven't seen or heard any dissatisfaction, then you just aren't paying attention. It's pretty hard to miss.

I am right now in the very strange position of having no PAID itineraries for future flights on Delta. (I do have an award itinerary in June-July.) I haven't been in this position in at least a decade. Meanwhile, I have five future itineraries on United, including a trip to ATL next month! That should send a message.

Bruce
Old Mar 17, 2003, 5:57 pm

Programs: delta diamond
I'm a 10+ year DL gold or platinum million miler. I've booked no flights on DL since Jan 1. Have booked 2 domestic and 4 transatlantic flights on NW. 100% upgrades on domestic flights so far. I still lurk on this board and suffer residual withdrawal pains, but I'm voting with my feet and learning to take my business where it is valued.
Old Mar 17, 2003, 7:10 pm

Location: Orange County (SNA) CA, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Gold
Have taken action by moving on to American and making a contribution
Old Mar 17, 2003, 7:48 pm

ConcordeBoy and I are writing and protesting, but staying with DL for now. Not only does it best match our travel needs, but BA's action make's what DL did look like child's play. We're scared to jump ship before seeing just how deeply the other carriers will get involved with such activities.

------------------
A340s don't fly... they're repelled from Earth by their ugliness!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.