2003 Credential Tag Question

Old Mar 15, 03, 4:26 pm
Original Poster

2003 Credential Tag Question

Could someone please explain how to affix the 2003 credential tags using the cheap black plastic that is provided. I feel really dumb :-(
Old Mar 15, 03, 4:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP/3MM
Use a rubber band instead; it will look classier .

------------------
Vasant
Old Mar 15, 03, 5:47 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriot Titanium
I gave up, I think I will use my tags from last year and then nothing or use the plastic from last years tags. I wrote DL today complaining about the new medallion credentials. It is so pathetic.
Old Mar 15, 03, 6:11 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond/3MM; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Starwood Platinum; Marriott Platinum; Hertz PC
Here's my guess:

Insert the strap through the tag until it reaches the end of the strap with a rectangular end. Next, pass the narrow end of the strap through both of the two slits in the rectangular end (one over, then one under). Pull it tight.

You can then use attach the tag to your luggage just like you did last year, by passing the tag back through the long slit and pulling it tight (after passing the strap through your luggage handle, of course).

I hope I didn't make it more confusing.
Old Mar 15, 03, 6:35 pm

Programs: DL DM & 5MM, WN A List
Now if someone could just tell me where our FF numbers are on the Platinum luggage tags??? They have no ID info at all. I see no reason to switch them out for the old ones.
Old Mar 15, 03, 7:37 pm

I finally received my credentials today. What surprises me is that someone actually approved these ridiculous tag straps in the first place. What further surprises me is the lack of a SM's number (I understand the no name) on the tag.
Old Mar 15, 03, 7:42 pm
Original Member

Location: Los Angeles, CA - Nearly 4 Million Actual Miles Flown
I think that they made the baggage tags for you to put your address/SkyMiles number, etc. on the back of it.

Old Mar 15, 03, 10:14 pm

Programs: AIR: NONE, Hotel: Marriott PL, Hilton HHonors CC: Amex PLAT
with the website now being the main way to deal with delta, they no longer want to publish your number for everyone to see and then maybe fish for your password on the site.
Old Mar 16, 03, 1:24 am

Programs: DL MM, AA EXP, AS MVPG, SPG Plat
Uhm, use last year's straps? (Or the faux leather ones from 3+ years ago that I'm still using)
Old Mar 16, 03, 5:48 pm

Location: SEA - DL DM/2MM, *A Gold, SPG Lifetime Plat, some other car and hotel stuff
Can someone post a photo of these new credentials? I have not gotten mine. Who knows when they will come, and I don't plan to fly DL in the foreseeable future... so I won't get to see them on board.
Old Mar 16, 03, 5:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WorldPerks Demoted again to SE, DL 3.1MM Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by jeffreyt:
I think that they made the baggage tags for you to put your address/SkyMiles number, etc. on the back of it.

</font>
WHOOHOO!!!!!
Old Mar 16, 03, 11:27 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by InHoc:
Here's my guess:

Insert the strap through the tag until it reaches the end of the strap with a rectangular end. Next, pass the narrow end of the strap through both of the two slits in the rectangular end (one over, then one under). Pull it tight.

You can then use attach the tag to your luggage just like you did last year, by passing the tag back through the long slit and pulling it tight (after passing the strap through your luggage handle, of course).

I hope I didn't make it more confusing.
</font>
I just tried that, and it works! Thank you - my non-engineering mind would never have figured that out without some coaching. Seems like they could have provided some instructions as it appears there are many people who don't understand the garbage bag tie...

Old Mar 17, 03, 1:43 am

Programs: Skymiles GOLD, Frq +, Klm GOLD, Miles & More, Priority Club, Marriott Rewards, MilleMerci (Avis FR)
I got a gold packagae instead of my platinum one.

Nearly a quarter of a year, no card, no PMU, nothing !

Old Mar 17, 03, 10:53 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriot Titanium
I have put my new tags on my luggage for my flight from SEA-LGW. Now we'll see if they can hold up the abuse of this long flight. A report to come after the trip.
Old Mar 17, 03, 4:00 pm

Location: Hotlanta, GA; Starwood Platinum; Delta Platinum Medallion
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Erasmus:
Uhm, use last year's straps? (Or the faux leather ones from 3+ years ago that I'm still using)</font>
I am with you on that one. I even keep one of the "old" baggage tags on (the ones that expired 12/00).

Search this Thread