Community
Wiki Posts
Search

www.boycottdelta.org

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2003, 10:27 pm

Programs: DL Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by jimrpa:
I just flew back from DAB. You may recall that I've ranted before about the number of TSA screeners DAB requires (home of radical NASCAR extremists and AARP cells that it is).

How many NASCAR fans flew U.S.-registered commercial passenger aircraft into office buildings since the Wright brothers first flight? How many AARP members brutally murdered flight attendants and flight crew members on commercial passenger aircraft?
</font>
Excuse me, but I just have to point out how ridiculous your statement is. I think you need to be reminded of a couple of things: First, not all of the terrorists on 9/11 originated their travel in Boston, Newark, etc. Some of them started out in Portland, ME. I'm guessing that the Portland airport is not that different than the Daytona airport in terms of size and security. Second, while I wouldn't classify them as "terrorists" in the literal sense, how many incidents of air rage are perpetrated by your "average" American? I can recall quite a few. And third, where do you think the 9/11 terrorists learned to fly? Does the name "Florida" ring any bells?

Get your head out of the sand. The danger is real, and I'll take these petty annoyances any day over the alternative.

[This message has been edited by Joe Flyer (edited 03-03-2003).]
Old Mar 3, 2003, 10:57 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Second, while I wouldn't classify them as "terrorists" in the literal sense, how many incidents of air rage are perpetrated by your "average" American? I can recall quite a few.</font>
Huge amount of difference between "air rage" and the events of 9/11!! So called average American's did not participate in the WTC disaster. ALL of these folks were of Middle Eastern origin and they planned and plotted this travesty for years. What you presumably are referring to as air rage is Billy Bob getting juiced up on a flight from CLT to ATL and becoming obnoxious. Where's the linkage between air rage and the events of 9/11??
Old Mar 3, 2003, 11:10 pm

Programs: DL Diamond
I'm not talking about a drunk causing a scene. I'm talking about the guys who have tried to cause damage to the aircraft or storm the cockpit. Remember that guy on (I think) Southwest in Las Vegas? He was so intent on reaching the cockpit that he died as a result of the force required to keep him down. Middle East extremists are not the only crazies out there.

(And I did clarify that I don't consider them terrorists, by the way...)
Old Mar 4, 2003, 11:04 am

Programs: Seashore Trolley Museum "flight attendant"
I keep getting these junk mail offers to open new credit card accounts. Each of these says they checked my credit. So how many times was my creidt report accessed in the past 6 months by credit companies?

More travel related, I think the red category should not exist. They should not detain passengers or deny them flights until something predictable, physical and tangible is found during a search.

Data bases are not always accurate. I don't want to be on my way home but miss my flight because of a CAPPS mistake and then they find the mistake but still I have to buy a one way walk up fare, or wait until a seat in the appropriate booking class (such as super saver or award) which might not come along until weeks later.

Travel tips:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/travel.htm

[This message has been edited by AllanJ (edited 03-04-2003).]
Old Mar 4, 2003, 12:04 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by AllanJ:
I keep getting these junk mail offers to open new credit card accounts. Each of these says they checked my credit. So how many times was my creidt report accessed in the past 6 months by credit companies?</font>
Pre-promotional credit checks only obtain some basic info. These checks do *not* affect your credit because they are not reported to potential creditors although the consumer can see them if they request their own report. If you accept the offer the company will then (with your permission) request a full report.

CAPPS credit checks will not be reported to potential creditors so they won't affect your credit score either.

Old Mar 4, 2003, 12:27 pm
Original Poster

"CAPPS credit checks will not be reported to potential creditors so they won't affect your credit score either."

...and you know this how? I didn't realize the TSA or Delta had an official spokesman for the forum. Can you please post the relevent documentation to back this? No, you can't? Oh...
Old Mar 4, 2003, 12:44 pm

Programs: DL PM
Hey Wakka,

Here is a link to the Fair Credit Reporting Act. You can read it if you like.

http://www.ftc.gov/os/statutes/fcra.htm

The CAPPS credit checks will work like a promotional check for a credit card company. These are non-permissable purpose transactions that do not count as visible inquiries, therefore not usable for any credit scores.

Did it occur to you that some people who read this board may work in the credit industry?

------------------
Delta PM
Old Mar 4, 2003, 12:48 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

--billyg--Welcome to FT and the DL Board. Thanks for your, already, valuable input.
Old Mar 4, 2003, 12:49 pm

People, everyone needs to relax about the credit check. Any check not made in conjunction with a credit application by you is generally (if not always) NOT seen by other creditors.

The most common form of this is credit checks by your existing creditors and credit checks by those wishing to offer your pre-approved credit. Therefore if DL checks your credit 50 times and Citibank checks your credit 50 times a year because you have a card with them and you go to apply for a car loan from Chase those checks will not show up.

If you get your own credit report however you can see both the externally reported credit checks as well as the ones that only you know about.
Old Mar 4, 2003, 12:49 pm
Original Member

Location: Los Angeles, CA - Nearly 4 Million Actual Miles Flown
Getting back to the subject of this thread, the fact is that the website contains several inaccuracies (e.g. the system will "ruin" credit scores)

I originally stated that the heat should be placed on Congress.. who mandated CAPPSII and the TSA. Boycotting Delta is not the answer. They don't even have access to the information contained in CAPPSII. It's the TSA. They're just the messenger in this instance.

With that said, now that we've seen this web site, we can move on to other topics. I don't see the value in continuing to post to this thread (hey, why am I posting???).

Old Mar 4, 2003, 12:56 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by jeffreyt:
(hey, why am I posting???</font>
Because that is what you are suppost to do on FlyerTalk?
Old Mar 4, 2003, 1:05 pm

I do like the "eye" logo on that website, I like it a lot.
Old Mar 4, 2003, 1:09 pm

Programs: DL MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, HHonors Gold
Old Mar 4, 2003, 1:31 pm

Seems like the privacy issue could overshadow the campaign for media coverage and public awareness about Save Our Sky Miles.

Given the time constraints and limited space in the media, which story would you cover if you were a reporter or an editor?

A: A widespread effort that some say violates the civil liberties and invades the privacy of millions of Americans. The people undertaking the effort say it has national security implications. It affects millions of passengers on Delta Air Lines, and could soon affect millions more who fly other U.S. airlines.

B: Changes to a frequent flyer program that some say removes benefits. It affects members of Delta's frequent flyer club, mostly those elite flyers who have lots of status.

[This message has been edited by jmartin (edited 03-04-2003).]

[This message has been edited by jmartin (edited 03-04-2003).]
Old Mar 4, 2003, 1:47 pm
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by billyg:

Did it occur to you that some people who read this board may work in the credit industry?

[/B]</font>
Err...yes, it did. It also occured to me that you're in Atlanta GA and possibly affiliated with Delta, too. But I digress...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.