9 Minute Turn Around Time

Old Mar 15, 2003, 11:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM/Amex Reserve 2 Million Miler
9 Minute Turn Around Time

Flight # 9612 which operated March 14 from Atlanta/Tampa to FLL arrived at 12:11am and left back out at 12:20am to Atlanta

Granted, it was probably empty going back out
but 9 minutes has to be close to a record.

Song might want to try the same..9612 was a 757.

Details of flight are still on Delta website until midnight 3/15
Old Mar 15, 2003, 2:12 pm
Original Member

Location: New York - DL Gold, AA Gold, AC Prestige, VS Silver
Just because the flight number is the same, it's not necessarily the same plane. Often there is a 'change of gauge' - the single flight number is to appear to be direct and appear first on flight lookups.
Old Mar 15, 2003, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Yes, its nice when you miss the connection that you never had to start with. A flight could even depart before it arrives.
Old Mar 15, 2003, 4:53 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriot Platinum
I hear for Song that they will have two jetways... one for entering passengers and the other for exiting passengers. This way they don't have to waste any time... he he... just kidding... but I am sure DL would like that.
Old Mar 15, 2003, 4:56 pm

With a flight number 9612, it was likely an "extra section". Occasionally those planes will "dead head" themselves to another location, to become a charter flight, etc. It is possible it left wihout boarding passengers.
Old Mar 15, 2003, 8:36 pm

Programs: AAExecPlat MM, DL MM, HH Platinum
Speaking of quick turn-arounds, on my Southwest flight yesterday, as I was one of the last off, the flight attendants were already starting to straighten up the front of the plane. But along side them, picking up trash and laying out seatbelts was the pilot. Certainly would be an attitude adjustment to see the same thing on Delta. But then, Southwest is not losing money, either.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.