Wiki Posts
Search

Getting MQM's for Skyteam Travel?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2003, 3:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM / 1MM "Enhancee" (Frequent Flyer) Since 1990
Getting MQM's for Skyteam Travel?

I didn't see much in other threads, so here goes..

What if I fly VS (Virgin)and South African/Air France instead of DL.. I know i'll get skymile credit for flying on them, but how do MQM's work when flying other Skymile friendly carriers?

To make it more confusing, not all carriers use the same fare code system - hence to get full MQM's (if possible on Skyteam members), i'd need to know what Virgin's equivalent of a DL H,K or Q fare is.

Anyone see where I'm heading here? I may want to fly another Skymile friendly airline, but the dizzying array of different fare codes make figuring it all out a bit crazy - not to mention that DL with the new SM program has convieniently not addresed how MQM's work with their "sister" airlines..

Thanks!

Steve G
Old Mar 3, 2003, 3:32 pm

Programs: DL Gold
Here's the link to the skyteam fare classes:

http://www.delta.com/skymiles/skymil...tion/index.jsp
Old Mar 3, 2003, 3:34 pm

Programs: UA-Silver; Hyatt Platinum; SPG Gold
http://www.delta.com/skymiles/skymileschanges/qualification_changes/calculation/index .jsp

This details how you will earn MQM's on Skyteam airlines. Now for the other airlines in the Skymiles program like South African, El Al, Air Jamaica etc. you would only earn MQM's if you fly these airlines on a DL codeshare ticket under a DL flight number. You would still earn miles for an Air Jamaica ticket booked thru Air Jamaica but to get any MQM's you would have to buy the same flight as a DL codeshare # thru Delta.

Travelchick beat me to the punch.

[This message has been edited by TMOTEE (edited 03-03-2003).]
Old Mar 3, 2003, 7:46 pm
Original Poster

Thanks guys.. i have actually seen that screen before, but it slipped past me..

Virgin and South African aren't listed, but I guess I can either go to their website or call 'em up..

Steve G
Old Mar 3, 2003, 7:51 pm
Original Member

Location: Los Angeles, CA - Nearly 4 Million Actual Miles Flown
I flew AF recently, and it took about 5 days to post.
Old Mar 3, 2003, 8:03 pm
Original Poster

Ok.. the next silly question.. is there an easy automated way (we all have those handy little URL's, search engines and flyertalk back-door techniques) to find out exactly which flight numbers and routes DL has a codeshare with other airlines??

Steve G
Old Mar 3, 2003, 8:05 pm

I would just pick up a timetable. All flights over 7000.

marc
Old Mar 5, 2003, 4:11 pm
Original Poster

I hate to rehash this again.. but looking at my electronic timetable, I can't easily filter/sort flights above 7000, and the cruddy system-wide timetable (paper) that DL has doesn't have VS listed in the back.. any other way to determine DL/VS codeshare flight numbers? Maybe the new paper schedule will have it in there, as the VS/DL partnership was only officially announced last September..

Steve G
Old Mar 5, 2003, 4:20 pm

Programs: DL DM
I don't believe that Delta has codeshares with VS, just FF reciprocity. (Similar to the domestic UA arrangement)
Old Mar 15, 2003, 10:15 am

Programs: DL GM, UA 1P, AA GLD
I just flew a SkyTeam award ticket on DL/Alitalia. The DL boarding passes showed that the DL portion was in R class -- no miles, no MQMs. But both the Alitalia and DL boarding passes showed the Alitalia portion in C class. Nothing has posted yet to my account though... should I expect something to post? Or is this like UA where the boarding pass simply states the cabin, not the booking class? Thanks.
Old Mar 15, 2003, 6:49 pm

Location: FLL; DL PM; CO Silver; Hilton Diamond; Priority Club Gold; Hertz PC; National Emerald; et al
I have received miles when traveling award on AF in the past. Assume DL buys the seat on AF...? It registered as Y I believe, but I don't remember for sure.

It was a nice miles bonus as I wasn't expecting it...!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.