Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Civil Air Reserve Plane on CNN

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2003, 1:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat, Delta Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Four Seasons By Invitation, SPG Gold, #1 Club Gold, AmEx Plat
Delta Civil Air Reserve Plane on CNN

Not sure if you all saw this, but this was the main graphic on Cnn.com just now...

Troops Boarding a DL MD-11
Old Mar 15, 2003, 1:52 am
MRW

Here's the official caption for the photo:
Soldiers with the 101st Airborne Division at Fort Campbell, Ky., walk across the Campbell Army Airfield as the sun sets to a waiting comercial plane for deployment to the Persian Gulf at Fort Campbell, Sunday, March 9, 2003. (AP Photo/Charles Rex Arbogast)

http://search.news.yahoo.com/search/...&c=news_photos

The other plane used appears to be a CO 767. Other photos appear to show two soldiers in what I guess are CO's BusinessFirst seats.
Old Mar 15, 2003, 3:50 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriot Platinum
Nice A.A. staircase to go with DL MD-LL.
Old Mar 15, 2003, 4:30 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by MRW:

The other plane used appears to be a CO 767. Other photos appear to show two soldiers in what I guess are CO's BusinessFirst seats.
</font>
Amazing that they were able to upgrade to BF on CO. Usually that is reserved for CO employees only.

We wish them all a quick and safe return...

Old Mar 15, 2003, 9:57 am
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PLT+2MM / DL DM+1MM / A3 *G / Fairmont LT Plat / Ritz Gold / SPG Gold
Where is the little cart with the SkyDeli meals?
Old Mar 15, 2003, 2:17 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by NYBanker:
Where is the little cart with the SkyDeli meals?</font>
Those soliders are REAL men, they don't complain when there is no meal or cabin service.

Old Mar 15, 2003, 2:50 pm
JRF

Programs: DL Flying Colonel
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by FrequencyFlyer:
Those soliders are REAL men, they don't complain when there is no meal or cabin service.

</font>
They get meals and cabin service, and I hope none of them are injured from trying to sit in LRTC (less room throughout coach) as the DL MD 11 in coach is down right awful!

However, the BizE in the MD11 is much better then the 767

[This message has been edited by JRF (edited 03-15-2003).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.