Search

Proposed Web Survey for Medallions

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2003, 9:33 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Location: Los Angeles, CA - Nearly 4 Million Actual Miles Flown
Proposed Web Survey for Medallions

Delta should run an algorithm and see how many mult-year PM's who requalified in 2002 are actually flying less this year on DL. I am one. I have not reduced my travel,just on Delta Air Lines. (Heck, the same test could be run for GMs and SMs).

If you requalified in 2002, it can easily be argued that the economy didn't stop you from flying. So, the same can probably be said for this year.

If Delta's test did indeed show that less people are flying, then they should institute a web survey and send out questions like the following:

Q. Why are you flying Delta less this year?
  • A. The economy
  • B. Delta's announced changes in the medallion SkyMiles program
  • C. Fear of war.
  • D. Reduced corporate business.

You guys get the picture. I would easily select #2 in the list.

We're seeing a lot of "adios" messages on the board from people who've never been on the FT. I bet they would answer the same on such a survey.

If you have flown less this year, how would you answer such a survey?

Old Mar 13, 2003, 9:37 pm

Programs: DL 1.3MM/SM, Lifetime Marriott Platinum
# 2

I have been Plat for six years, I work with 2 other Plats and a Gold, we all are flying non stops on other airlines where applicable, where as in years past we would have ALWAYS connected Thur a hub city.
Old Mar 13, 2003, 9:42 pm
ak

Old Mar 13, 2003, 9:46 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Doesn't everybody here mean "B" instead of #2?

I will say E.

SkyMiles and other policy changes.
Old Mar 13, 2003, 9:53 pm

Programs: DL 1.3MM/SM, Lifetime Marriott Platinum
you mean #5?
Old Mar 13, 2003, 9:53 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Location: Los Angeles, CA - Nearly 4 Million Actual Miles Flown
Opps. To make it look pretty, I used the list feature and then changed it to letters. Let's say for the sake of this thread, "2" or "B" mean the same thing.
Old Mar 13, 2003, 10:04 pm

Programs: AIR: NONE, Hotel: Marriott PL, Hilton HHonors CC: Amex PLAT
This Platinum Flyer will stop utilizing Delta as his main carrier on January 1st 2004 for the following reasons.

1. The evisceration of SkyMiles and the severe dilution of benefits for Platinum and all Medallion travelers.
2. Continued deletions/reductions in routes in the Western United States.
3. The increase in Regional Jets on flights of two hours or more.
4. The continued degradation in service response.
5. The lack of an organized communicated policy to your front line. They can't explain anything to me either.
6. Elimination/Reduction of front line service employees (Redcoats)
Old Mar 13, 2003, 10:16 pm

jeffreyt, why in the world would Delta ask that Question? They would not want to know PMs are not flying because of their DUMBness.
Old Mar 13, 2003, 10:19 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

2B
which is an answer but also my formerly preferred seat in BE.
Dam*n, I'm going to miss that service. Now, it's all about fares and convenience. No longer about loyalty or PM. Nate'N'als will pack a fine lunch . Thus far, my future reservations are on JetBlue and UA. No DL flights in "my itineraries."
Old Mar 13, 2003, 11:33 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by obscure2k:
Nate'N'als will pack a fine lunch . </font>
Unfortunately, the french fries won't taste the same after a couple hours but definately a DELICIOUS pastrami sandwich!

Oh, 2C for me... Fav. B/E seat when travelling alone
Old Mar 13, 2003, 11:42 pm

Aren't they now called "freedom fries" in the U.S. Congress? Anyway, get Nate'N Al's potato salad. It's great.
Old Mar 14, 2003, 12:06 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by obscure2k:
Nate'N'als will pack a fine lunch .</font>
Is Nate'N'als a Kosher deli in the Los Angeles area?
Old Mar 14, 2003, 12:19 am

Nate N'Als' is in Beverly Hills on Beverly Drive. It is not exactly Kosher, but it is the greatest Deli west of NY. Some would argue that Langers makes a better pastrami sandwich. However, Langers is in a pretty nasty neighborhood. However, if you are staying in downtown L.A., you can call for a pastrami pick-up on the way to the airport. On the westside, it's Nate N'Als, Valley it's Art's or Brent's Deli (west valley). In any event, it's better than pretzels and those half-sour pickles will have the rest of the pax on the aircraft drooling.
Old Mar 14, 2003, 12:38 am

Then you can only imagine what Katz's Deli in New York does for me when I tell them I am bringing the pastrami sandwiches back to Atlanta.

Actually, they purposely will not make the sandwiches if the food will be traveling, unless the food is intended to be eaten on the airplane. They will keep the ingredients separate so that the sandwiches are fresher when you construct them yourself.

I love both half-sour and sour pickles, the spicy brown mustard, the Dr. Brown's cream, the Pechter's rye bread...and I have a craving for real New York potato salad, macaroni salad and cole slaw.

You can tell that the people around me just want to steal my food away from me. The look of hunger on their faces says it all!

...I gotta consider opening a Kosher delicatessen here in Atlanta....

-----------------------

Deltacatessen. There. Now this post belongs in the Delta forum.
Old Mar 14, 2003, 1:15 am

Programs: Skymiles GOLD, Frq +, Klm GOLD, Miles & More, Priority Club, Marriott Rewards, MilleMerci (Avis FR)
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by jeffreyt:

Q. Why are you flying Delta less this year?
  • A. The economy
  • B. Delta's announced changes in the medallion SkyMiles program
  • C. Fear of war.
  • D. Reduced corporate business.
If you have flown less this year, how would you answer such a survey?

</font>

E = Because my PMUs are still not there, and we are late march.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.