Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Voucher (from a bump) question

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2003, 7:56 pm
Original Poster

Voucher (from a bump) question

I recently used a voucher received from a bump to buy a ticket for my mother. They issued the remaining balance in my mother's name rather than mine.

I think I understand why they did this, but am unsure what I will need to do in order to use the remaining credit. If it involves having her sign it, or something, over to me, it is important to note that she is in Kentucky and I'm in Arizona.

thanks for your help,

JP
Old Feb 2, 2003, 8:13 pm

My understanding is that the person whose name is on the voucher needs to be physically present to use the voucher. You can book and hold the reservation by calling SMS, give the confirmation number to your mom and have her ticket it at the nearest CTO or Airport by using the voucher that's in her name now.
Old Feb 2, 2003, 9:07 pm

Your mother will need to authorize Delta in person that the voucher can be used for you. I have done a similar thing with a voucher in my mother's name that I used for myself, except that she went to the CTO in BOM and authorized its use by me at the FTO in ATL.
Old Feb 2, 2003, 9:12 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies. That's pretty lousy--I'm 12 minutes from the airport, she's an hour.

JP
Old Feb 3, 2003, 4:29 am

Programs: DL DM
If you're lucky, a letter signing it over to you will suffice, however it isn't guaranteed to work. I have gotten away with this before.
Old Feb 3, 2003, 6:37 am

Another option might be to have her call into either reservations or SMS, entering her Skymiles number and pin, and see if she could leave a note on her record authorizing you to use the voucher. I know before when I've made multiple FF resercations, I've been told each person had to 'log in' by entering their SM and pin to have the transaction become valid. This method might be a way to have your mother authenticate who she is.

Jeff
Old Mar 13, 2003, 7:48 pm
Original Poster

Here's a follow-up...

After maybe 30 minutes on the phone at the time of the earlier posts, Delta told me they would make a note on my SkyMiles account that I would be able to use the voucher.

I called last week to book an Easter flight, and there's no record of the conversation. What's more, only my mother can use the credit for flight--no one else. I was given the customer service number, called them, and had the information confirmed. I courteously expressed my displeasure at being misled.

So, she's coming to PHX for Easter, rather than me there. Voucher holders take note & beware: no good deed goes unpunished.

JP

[This message has been edited by j379pa (edited 03-13-2003).]
Old Mar 14, 2003, 9:20 am

I beleive you were misled. The voucher must be used by the person whose name is on it, but it's as good as cash otherwise - it is my understanding, that like award tickets, the TICKET may be issued with whichever name you wish. That's the way it's always been. Can anyone confirm this?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.