The wisdom of youth

Old Mar 12, 03, 8:56 pm
Original Poster

The wisdom of youth

The following are the first two paragraphs of a letter to the editor in the current issue of "Budget Travel" magazine from Hunter Goodson, age 15:

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">
To the Editor:
I haven’t gotten a chance to fly on any of the discount carriers because unfortunately live in Cincinnati and Delta’s Monopoly here has run all of the low-cost carriers out of town. I am fifteen years old and flew 35 segments last year on Delta, which qualified me for Silver Medallion Status (most of which were on “discounted” L, T, and U Class Coach Fares). These new rules out of Cincinnati are a huge scam considering most fares Delta considers “discounted” all are around $300. To fly in a fare class in which you’ll get fully credited for Medallion you’re going to be paying $400 and $500 for some of our tickets

In addition to this there are about five cities within two hours driving distance from Cincinnati and fares are “discounted” and higher class fares are all drastically cheaper than Cincinnati’s. It seems to me that they’re screwing their best customers in the Cincinnati area.

</font>
[This message has been edited by gilpin (edited 03-12-2003).]

Search this Thread