Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

When should I receive 10K Delta miles for $25K spending?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2003, 3:05 pm
Original Poster

I signed up for the platinum amex Delta in July and have spent over $25k in January, yet my 10,000 miles still haven't posted to my account.
When I called AMEX, they said that the 10,000 miles will be posted to my account when I renew in July. I thought that the miles should be posted NOW and not in July.

Can somebody who has received the miles tell me when they were posted to your account?

Thanks

Anthony

Old Mar 8, 2003, 3:08 pm

I got the same answer. My guess is they don't post the miles until each renewal period because you only get the miles once a year, not every $25,000.
Old Mar 8, 2003, 3:15 pm

Location: Louisville, KY, DL PM-MM, AA PLT, HH DIA, Marriott PLT, Avis CHM, Yada, Yada, Yada
I have always got my bonus miles after renewal.
Old Mar 8, 2003, 3:17 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by flowerchild:
I got the same answer. My guess is they don't post the miles until each renewal period because you only get the miles once a year, not every $25,000. </font>
flowerchild...you are correct. They post a period of time after your renewal date. It seems to me that it takes a good 30 days or so. So I'd guess that atwnsw2 won't see the miles much before mid-late August.
Old Mar 8, 2003, 3:19 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the input.

I thought that maybe they changed the rules but I must have misread them.

Patience....

Anthony
Old Mar 8, 2003, 5:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
I've always gotten my 10,000 base miles (or MQMs, now) within a week or so of my annual renewal date.

Bruce
Old Mar 9, 2003, 6:26 am

I just got my 10k miles with my renewal statement. At least something works as they said it would.
Old Mar 9, 2003, 9:27 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by scotlass:
I just got my 10k miles with my renewal statement. At least something works as they said it would.</font>
They want to make sure you cough up the annual fee before you get what you are entitled to. Same philosophy a crack dealer uses-hook 'em and reel 'em in. I keep wanting to cancel, but the impending bonus miles make it all so worthwhile.
Old Mar 9, 2003, 10:02 am

Location: Louisville, KY, DL PM-MM, AA PLT, HH DIA, Marriott PLT, Avis CHM, Yada, Yada, Yada
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by H53Epilot:
They want to make sure you cough up the annual fee before you get what you are entitled to. Same philosophy a crack dealer uses-hook 'em and reel 'em in. I keep wanting to cancel, but the impending bonus miles make it all so worthwhile. </font>

If you cancel at renewal you should still receive your bonus miles.

You won't get the very valuable 2 for 1 certificate unless you renew.
Old Mar 9, 2003, 9:19 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum; Hyatt Platinum; UA 1K
And if you cancel right after renewing you can get most of your yearly fee refunded.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.