Web Problems When Looking for Award Availability

Old Mar 8, 03, 10:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
Web Problems When Looking for Award Availability

I have had this happen a couple of times now. I will browse the DL website to check out award seat availability, never get so far as to give a name or even come close to trying to ticket the flight. Then I call SMS to work out a combination of awards and upgraded seats for the family and they see the award inquiry that I made as a reserved itinerary. Often I will check awards on different dates and then they will all show to SMS as reserved.
What up with that? We should be able to browse for award seats without DL as considering them reserved, evenm if the reservations cancel out after some period of time because they are not ticketed.
Old Mar 9, 03, 2:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MMô, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Cholula General Member
It's worked that way for a long time. They are supposed to time out in about a day or so but once I had to call them about a week later to get it off my iten page. Sad part was that they were holding that inventory all that time for me.
Old Mar 9, 03, 6:36 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by RobertS975:
I have had this happen a couple of times now. I will browse the DL website to check out award seat availability, never get so far as to give a name or even come close to trying to ticket the flight. Then I call SMS to work out a combination of awards and upgraded seats for the family and they see the award inquiry that I made as a reserved itinerary. </font>
It has been like that for quite a while akaik. If you go back in and try to search for the same award again it will give you the option of continuing the earlier reservation or starting a new one.

Old Mar 9, 03, 8:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
Does everyone agree that this is a terrible system? Why should they hold the award seats for you when all you have done is look for availability?

On the other hand, wouldn't be wonderful if we could reserve regular travel on the web and not ticket within 24 hours? Or ticket a web reservation at the airport or via SMS in case we have e-credits?

Search this Thread