Wiki Posts
Search

Availability Discrepancies on Same Flight

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2003, 2:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM
Availability Discrepancies on Same Flight

Looking at availibility for an upcomming flight I noticed two anomolies.

Firstly Galileo's numbers seem to be off. Galileo shows Y2, whereas the Japanese site (http://www.etour.co.jp/Solar/index.html) shows Y7. To check who was right I went to Delta.com and searched for 7 tickets, and the flight in question was available. (I checked this over a period of three days, so it wasn't an issue of new seats being opened and just not being in Galielo yet.)

Secondly the Japanese site shows Y7 if looking at just RSW-CVG, but if you look at RSW-CVG-LGA that same flight shows Y2, and the connecting flight shows Y7. And sure enough, Delta.com will only sell two tickets for that very same flight if you are connecting.

Any ideas on this?
Old Mar 6, 2003, 3:38 pm

Location: SEA - DL DM/2MM, *A Gold, SPG Lifetime Plat, some other car and hotel stuff
Availability by segment will be affected by your entire itinerary.

For example, BOS-JFK is often sold out as a stand-alone flight. However, there will often be several seats available as part of BOS-JFK-XXX where XXX is an international destination (or even domestic). This makes sense, as DL wants to have more seats for higher-yield flyers who need to connect at JFK.

What you note about RSW-LGA is the reverse, but makes sense, as DL should encourage people to fly the nonstop.

Anyhow, those are not mistakes. Can't explain why Galileo is off, though. I tend to use the Japanese site.
Old Mar 6, 2003, 5:19 pm

Programs: LH HON, DL FO/MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Accor Lifetime Platinum, Sixt Diamond
Galileo uses the German point of sale inventory which is lower than the inventory avaiable for sale in the U.S. for example (for the very same flights).
Old Mar 6, 2003, 5:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM
Thanks!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.