FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-skymiles-pre-worldperks-merger-489/)
-   -   PMU's issued (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-skymiles-pre-worldperks-merger/57673-pmus-issued.html)

rlaakso Mar 5, 2003 7:54 am

PMU's issued

A co-worker of mine has received his 6 upgrade coupons. They are good from 11/01/02. Has anyone else received their PMU's?

------------------
Richard Laakso PM MM Starwood platinum

bdschobel Mar 5, 2003 7:56 am

Do they expire on 11/2/03? That would be outrageous.

Bruce

Air Brian Mar 5, 2003 8:01 am

THEY EXPIRE IN NOVEMBER???!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OHHHHHHH BOY!!!!!!!

The hits just keep on coming.

rlaakso Mar 5, 2003 8:13 am

I'm sorry, I should have mentioned that he received them in late October. I re-qualified in September, but I have not received them yet. I wonder why he has PMU's, while no one else has received them?

------------------

RobertS975 Mar 5, 2003 8:52 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by rlaakso:
I'm sorry, I should have mentioned that he received them in late October. I re-qualified in September, but I have not received them yet. I wonder why he has PMU's, while no one else has received them?

</font>
Perhaps he made PM for the first time rather than requalified like the rest of this sorry lot.

DL Platinum Mar 5, 2003 2:31 pm

I am fairly certain that last year's PMUs were also set to expire in November.

RobertS975 Mar 5, 2003 2:42 pm

The thought just occurred to me that if DL were clever, and we know they're not, PMUs would never expire so long as the member remained a valid and active PM. At least it would provide some incentive to remain a PM, for as it stands now, I think that most of us agree that there is very little to motivate one to reach out for PM status.

jeffreyt Mar 5, 2003 4:02 pm

Delta company lurkers better be reading this board. There will be hell to pay if they expire anytime before we receive them. I renewed in September (19th),so mine better not expire in September!!!!

Just Passing Thru Mar 5, 2003 4:13 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by jeffreyt:
Delta company lurkers better be reading this board. There will be hell to pay if they expire anytime before we receive them. I renewed in September (19th),so mine better not expire in September!!!!</font>
This is absolutely nothing new. Ever since they were first released in 2001, DL has had problems getting them to us with 12 months on the "clock," as it were.

I fully expect my worthless PMUs to arrive in April, and for them to be valid until early January.

jeffreyt Mar 5, 2003 5:29 pm

I've never had to wait 6 mos after requalifying for PMU's, cards, whatever. So if I receive PMU's that reflect the date I qualified (back in September), I'll be pretty irritated.

andymo99 Mar 5, 2003 5:52 pm

Hmm, at this rate, my PMUs could expire before I receive them (earned PM end-April 2002 for 2002, although I don't think DL realized this until flights posted a little while later).

LAOCA Mar 5, 2003 8:06 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by bdschobel:
Do they expire on 11/2/03? That would be outrageous.

Bruce
</font>
Mine expired sometime early last year, I never looked at them until I went to use them. In my usual fashion, in December, I went to ticket 2003 tickets to use up my 2002 goodies and discovered that all six of my PMU's had expired. I tried to get Customer Care to help out and got the rudest agent I have ever found in the Delta system.

I was going to post something about how I was finally in agreement with all the complainers here about the nose in the air attitude we;ve been getting when a day or so later I was granted a favor from corporate that made me bite my toungue.

Nevertheless, my 2002 PMU's all were wasted. Seems ridiculous they aren't good until at least the end of the year. If not until the next set arrives.

Tomphot Mar 6, 2003 10:42 am

I have a flight booked to BCN using PMU's in 2 weeks.
I have benn told that if I don't get my PMU's by then, I can use miles for the upgrade. After the PMU's show up, we are then to send a set into DL and the will credit the miles back to the SkyMiles account.
Seems fair to me.

rlaakso Mar 6, 2003 11:27 am

This does seem fair. Did you get it in writing. I can see myself using the miles for the upgrade. Then, when I send the new PMU's in, they tell me this is not possible to do, and I am out the miles.

------------------

Jib Mar 6, 2003 2:11 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Tomphot:
I have a flight booked to BCN using PMU's in 2 weeks.
I have benn told that if I don't get my PMU's by then, I can use miles for the upgrade. After the PMU's show up, we are then to send a set into DL and the will credit the miles back to the SkyMiles account.
Seems fair to me.
</font>
Actually, if you call DL Marketing (Ms. Escarra office), (DL switchboard: 404-715-2600) requesting PMU travel assistance, one of her assistants will issue the PMU upgrades electronically for you. Just provide them with your departure date and flight #. When they do this they will tell you which of the PMU serial numbers will be voided as "used" when you receive your 2003 packet. They have done this twice for me since 1 Jan 2003 for two international trips.

Use your "nice voice" and good luck http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/wink.gif

Jib Mar 6, 2003 2:14 pm

Duplicate

[This message has been edited by Jib (edited 03-06-2003).]