Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

Anyone flow DFW-Seoul on DL ticket aboard Korean 777 in Bsuiness?

Old Mar 5, 03, 9:27 am
Original Poster

Anyone have any comments/observations regarding DL codeshare flights operated from DFW to Seoul in business on Korean Air 777?

Also, why doesn't Korean move over to Delta's E terminal. There is room and there is a customs facility since Mexico flights (AM from MEX) clear there?

Seems a lot easier for connections.
Old Mar 5, 03, 9:31 am

Programs: UA, DL-PM
Can't comment on the KE 777, have only done 747 from JFK. They have the same Terminal problem there, DL in 2 and 3, KE in 1. The shuttle bus goes the wrong way 'round, so you're faster to brave the elements (and traffic) and walk than to take the bus. Someday maybe they'll use the same terminal!
Old Mar 5, 03, 9:49 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by chuck1:
Anyone have any comments/observations regarding DL codeshare flights operated from DFW to Seoul in business on Korean Air 777?

Also, why doesn't Korean move over to Delta's E terminal. There is room and there is a customs facility since Mexico flights (AM from MEX) clear there?

Seems a lot easier for connections.
</font>
Can anyone else confirm that there is customs and immigration at DFW terminal E? If this is true, it is news to me.
Old Mar 5, 03, 10:09 am
Original Poster

Yes. Terminal E is where Aeromexico clears their flights from Mexico City. For a while the Delta Connection flights from Monterrey , Mexico cleared there as well as Air France's short lived DFW-Paris/CDG flights. The Aeromexico flights normally use the last gate as the custom's facility is at the end around E-37. It's small but it is there. Don't know it's future when new Intl Terminal D opens.
Old Mar 5, 03, 4:54 pm

Yes, I have flown DFW-ICN twice in business.

Thought it was very nice. Seats are not the best, but if you are a SkyTeam elite, I "asked" for seating in the F section and it was given to me (only asked the 2nd time!). They have "first" but only sell J and Y.

Food was OK, infact, they did a nice noodle dish on request which was very tasty.

Business class was about 50% full so you could spread out.

I was pleasantly surprised! Enjoyed it more than the LAX-ICN on the 747.
Old Mar 6, 03, 1:35 am

Now, if KE would only turn on the 120 VAC outlet between rows 1 and 2 in the triple 7s.

Search this Thread