Old Mar 5, 03, 2:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
DL to Waive Change Fees if War Occurs

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/yhoo...24912AA7CE7%7D
Old Mar 5, 03, 5:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Randy speaks (Feb 27) - and the airlines listen.

Well, maybe .... the new deal does not specifically mention award travel.

"To alleviate travel worries, especially as they relate to international award travel, and to promote a feeling of goodwill, InsideFlyer is asking all frequent flyer programs to consider waiving award cancellation fees as well as re-deposit fees for cancelled awards over the next three months."

------------------
~ Glen ~

Come and visit the most ** FRIENDLY FORUM ** on FlyerTalk. No flame wars, no personal abuse, no substance abuse. Not much of anything really!
Old Mar 5, 03, 6:06 am
Moderator: Travel Bidding forum

I'm wondering about award travel as well.My wife is getting "antsy" about a May trip to Italy and France.
Old Mar 5, 03, 6:06 am

I've seen the Delta announcement concerning *transatlantic* flights but have they made any announcement about domestic US flights ?
Old Mar 5, 03, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by jabez:

I'm wondering about award travel as well.My wife is getting "antsy" about a May trip to Italy and France.</font>
I have no personal knowledge re awards, but RANDY just posted elsewhere in a very clear way that makes me feel he is aware that (so far) DL has excluded awards and says he plans to tackle them on this:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum1/HTML/008402.html

------------------
~ Glen ~

Come and visit the most ** FRIENDLY FORUM ** on FlyerTalk. No flame wars, no personal abuse, no substance abuse. Not much of anything really!
Old Mar 5, 03, 10:19 am
cervisiam

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by jabez:
I'm wondering about award travel as well.My wife is getting "antsy" about a May trip to Italy and France.</font>
the delta announcement says that it is valid only for travel which you purchased march 5-31st. so if you purchased a ticket/redeemed SkyMiles for award ticket before then, does that mean you're SOL? in addition, you're subjected to "any difference in fares applicable to peak travel periods, day of week, booking class or cabin, and where taxes have been increased"

on the other hand, usair's announcement says that you can change it for _any_ travel after Code Red or war, no matter _when_ you booked the travel. you are still subject to "availability and applicable fare rules"

it seems as though delta is giving its customers the shaft!

edited for html error

[This message has been edited by cervisiam (edited 03-05-2003).]

Old Mar 5, 03, 10:20 am
cervisiam

dupe again!

Old Mar 5, 03, 10:22 am
cervisiam

dupe

Old Mar 5, 03, 12:51 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta FO
also, you have to do this 3 days before travel date - so if war breaks out the morning you are suppose to leave then you are stuck
Old Mar 5, 03, 3:38 pm
Original Poster

This entire waiver program is quite hollow. Advance bookings are apparently very soft, and this is an attempt to bolster confidence. As has been pointed out in this thread, there are quite a few strings attached. It is certainly better than nothing.

The world uncertainty is no doubt affecting bookings. My family of four has decided against an Easter week trip to Spain this year. If there is action in the Middle East, there will be just too much pent up hatred directed against the US government, and just possibly, against Americans. And it is hard to pretend you're Canadians when your kids all have Red Sox hats on!
Old Mar 5, 03, 6:04 pm

Programs: UA Gold, peon everywhere else
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by RobertS975:
And it is hard to pretend you're Canadians when your kids all have Red Sox hats on!</font>
Buy them some Bluejays hats, just in case?

Old Mar 5, 03, 6:24 pm
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by danM:
Buy them some Bluejays hats, just in case?

</font>
Actually, I have always been amazed at the worldwide prevalence of Yankees caps. One could wear a Yankees cap anywhere in the world and not automatically be assumed to be American. But trust me, none of MY kids would ever wear a Yankees hat!

Old Mar 5, 03, 6:46 pm

Location: SEA - DL DM/2MM, *A Gold, SPG Lifetime Plat, some other car and hotel stuff
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by RobertS975:
And it is hard to pretend you're Canadians when your kids all have Red Sox hats on!</font>
It must also be hard to have any pride when your kids all have Red Sox* hats on.

Let's Go Mets!

*1918 World Champions, 1986 AL Champions
Old Mar 5, 03, 7:20 pm
Original Poster

Andy, I HAD been considering you a friend...

Search this Thread