Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

crew base eliminated in SEA - discussion today with FA on SEA-CVG route

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2003, 9:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AIR: NONE, Hotel: Marriott PL, Hilton HHonors CC: Amex PLAT

I was on a SEA-CVG flight today and was speaking to the FA. She told me that as of the 1st of March Seattle is no longer a crew base. Is this just another phase in west coast reductions and eventual route elimination? IF the codeshare goes through I can see Delta abandoning Seattle and let it be served by Northwest.

She also told me that on her flight in from Atlanta on Monday night they had two marketing people on board with questionnaires for the passengers. She unfortunately did not have a copy for me.

I shared with her one of my form letters from customer care. The whole crew was disgusted by the generic no answer response. We got a good discussion going in first class about the changes (only 9 of 24 seats filled) and reviewed the Skymiles change brochure for everyone. Most people, including the flight attendants did not know how extensive the reductions were for all Medallion levels. Many promised to write letters.

[This message has been edited by yknot (edited 03-04-2003).]
Old Mar 4, 2003, 9:39 pm

The following F/A bases are closing at the same time the SEA base closes:

Seattle, Portland, Houston, New Orleans and Chicago.

These closures make great business sense. They were all small(ish) bases and were remnants of the old days. Seattle was an old Western Airlines base. New Orleans, Houston and Chicago were from the old days when Delta didn't rely as heavily on the hub and spoke model. Portland was open to support the hub that never seemed to pan out. Unfortunately, the crews at these bases are pretty senior folks and didn't have alot of choices in where they could transfer to. Many were just assigned to the Delta New York base which is typically a very junior base for many airlines.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.