Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

If At First You Don't Succeed (in getting an informed reservation agent)...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2003, 10:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Wanted to share this story and finally add a little value to FT for a change

I purchased a Delta ticket last March (pre-use-it-or-lose-it) for a trip which I later had to cancel. Under the then-current purchase terms, the value of the ticket was good for one year. I priced out another ticket at Xmas, paid the change fee, and applied the funds towards the new, re-issued ticket. The day before I was set to leave, I had to cancel THAT trip, as well. I phoned Delta to let them know, and the reservation agent indicated that while the xmas ticket was purchased post-use-it-or-lose-it, since the original ticket was purchase prior to the commencement of that rule, the ticket would continue to hold value until the original expiry date. Fine.

Last week, I called to finally use the ticket for a new reservation. I gave the reservation agent the xmas ticket #, and was told that the ticket held no value. When I protested, I was connected with the agent's surly supervisor in LA, who said in no uncertain terms that the ticket held no value and that that's final.

I called yesterday (the day on which the original ticket's would have expired) and tried to get the new ticket using a different agent. No problem.

I simply failed to tell them that my original ticket had been re-issued. Had I given them the re-issued ticket number, they would have apparently seen that it was issued after use-it-or-lose-it was instituted, and that the rules are it has no value. Giving them the original ticket number places the burden on them to track down the ticket's history, and worked like a charm!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.