737-200 to Delta Connection?

Old Feb 28, 03, 12:30 pm
Original Poster

737-200 to Delta Connection?

Was talking to a 737 200 mechanic on plane yesterday. Asked about future of the planes. He said they will be transitioned to ATL and CVG to be used as 100 seat planes on routes that outgrow the CR7. Only 100 seat plane in inventory. Natural progression from CRJ to CR7 to 737-200 to REAL plane.

Makes sense to me...continuous right sizing of aircraft. Any comments?
Old Feb 28, 03, 12:37 pm

The 732's are being flown by mainline DL crews NOT Delta Connection. The pilots contract will not allow DL Connection to operate these planes.

Right now, they are being used primarily to fill in on routes where 727's are being retired. In the future, they may be used to upgrade routes that have outgrown the CRJ700.
Old Feb 28, 03, 12:40 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the clarification. They will replace Connection flights on routes that outgrow CR7 makes more sense instead of transitioning the aircraft to COMAIR and ASA.

Now, if we could just get rid of ALPA.

marc
Old Feb 28, 03, 12:58 pm

Programs: delta/song
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Marq:
[B]Thanks for the clarification. They will replace Connection flights on routes that outgrow CR7 makes more sense instead of transitioning the aircraft to COMAIR and ASA.

Now, if we could just get rid of ALPA

Why would you want to get rid of ALPA? Why should 737-200 pilots give their work away to someone who is paid less? I'm not sure I understand what this is about.
Old Feb 28, 03, 1:10 pm
Original Poster

vettset:

See my earlier post about replacing pilots with computers. Just a "pet peeve" of mine. No offense meant.

marc
Old Feb 28, 03, 2:42 pm

Programs: delta/song
Marq: now I understand, thanks!
Old Feb 28, 03, 6:41 pm

Programs: AA, B6, CO, DL, FL, UA, US Gold (only took 10k miles), WN, Amtrak
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Marq:
Only 100 seat plane in inventory. Natural progression from CRJ to CR7 to 737-200 to REAL plane.

Any comments?
</font>
When is DL going to get rid of the 732s and replace them with either 717s or 736s? Both are in the 100 seat range and offer cockpit compatiablity with existing aircraft. The 717 and the MD-80 family, the 736 and the 738, 733, and 732. The 717 has about the same range as the 732, but the 736 has a much longer range, and IIRC has the range to operate thin trans-con routes, ie lax-bdl.
Old Feb 28, 03, 8:13 pm

Location: Louisville, KY, DL PM-MM, AA PLT, HH DIA, Marriott PLT, Avis CHM, Yada, Yada, Yada
I am traveling on a 737-200 from MCI to CVG with only 8 FC seats. I can't recall seeing this config before.
Old Feb 28, 03, 8:14 pm
Original Poster

The planes I'm talking about our the dlx planes that are going to be replaced by 757s on Song.

marc

[This message has been edited by Marq (edited 02-28-2003).]
Old Feb 28, 03, 9:29 pm

Programs: Gold on Continental; Diamond at Hilton & Hyatt
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Marq:
I have been on that config. The planes I'm talking about our the dlx planes that are going to be replaced by 757s on Song.

marc
</font>
For seat information try www.seatguru.com. I hope it helps
Old Feb 28, 03, 9:44 pm
Original Poster

Why doesn't seat guru have the dlx configured planes?

marc
Old Mar 1, 03, 5:13 pm
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PLT+2MM / DL DM+1MM / A3 *G / Fairmont LT Plat / Ritz Gold / SPG Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Humaniod:
I am traveling on a 737-200 from MCI to CVG with only 8 FC seats. I can't recall seeing this config before.</font>
This equipment is regularly used at SLC.

Sometimes (but not frequently) they don't offer any F award seats on this eqp - even if no F seats have been sold.

Other than some 72s, this eqp must be the oldest config in DLs fleet. There's no coat closet, the F seats have trays that fold down (at least in row 2!) from the seat in front. Not much pitch, but a lot of width in the F seats.
Old Mar 1, 03, 9:53 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Humaniod:
I am traveling on a 737-200 from MCI to CVG with only 8 FC seats. I can't recall seeing this config before.</font>
I was on one of these CVG-ORD a few weeks ago.
Old Mar 1, 03, 11:21 pm

[quote]<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by vetteset:
[b]
Originally posted by Marq:
Thanks for the clarification. They will replace Connection flights on routes that outgrow CR7 makes more sense instead of transitioning the aircraft to COMAIR and ASA.

Now, if we could just get rid of ALPA

Why would you want to get rid of ALPA? Why should 737-200 pilots give their work away to someone who is paid less? I'm not sure I understand what this is about.
</font>
Amongst other things, it's about DL paying a 42% wage rate premium to its pilots versus UA. It's about DL's bleeding rate for the couple dozen months remaining in DALPA's vampire-banquet contract.

Search this Thread