E-mail update!!!???

Old Feb 28, 03, 7:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

E-mail update!!!???

Almost everytime I log into my account a window pops up asking me to update my e-mail info. I have done this something like 5 times and each time get an e-mail confirming my update. Then the next time it asks me again. Anyone else?? Why does this happen?
Old Feb 28, 03, 7:11 pm

I have had the same problems for months. Every so often I update profile but have same results as you.

marc
Old Feb 28, 03, 7:18 pm

Same problem and no matter how I change my email address I still wind up with the same problem a week later. The good thing is that this board is here and anything worth while will be posted here.
Old Feb 28, 03, 7:42 pm

I have been having the same problem for two months or longer. Doesn't appear to be a fix of it I have tried just about everything and it does matter how you change it - the banner still comes up.
Old Feb 28, 03, 11:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Can't offer much help here as I have not experienced this particular problem. I log onto DL.com several times a week in hopes I will get a message that they were just kidding and that the SM's program is not going down the tubes. No luck so far but I'll post a report when I get such a message from them.....
Old Mar 1, 03, 10:30 am

Me too.
I was convinced it was a problem on my side, occasioned by recent glitches within the Mailwatch email screening program.
Apparently not.
Old Mar 1, 03, 12:40 pm

Programs: AIR: NONE, Hotel: Marriott PL, Hilton HHonors CC: Amex PLAT
This happens to me too! When I aksed Delta about it a few weeks ago they told me that they nver heard of such a problem and that I should just update my address again. I did and it didn't fix it.
Old Mar 1, 03, 12:43 pm

I have the exact same problem. I was glad to hear I'm not the only one.
Old Mar 1, 03, 5:27 pm

This happened to me, too, around mid-December. Must have tried two dozen times over 7-8 weeks until I finally started to get "regular" email from DL (Web Fares, monthly statement, etc.). STILL I COULD NOT GET A RECEIPT FOR AN ETICKET IN FEB!!! Wrote to DL about the initial problem, never heard back. I do have msn and I know there have been numerous problems with their system rejecting email (State Department Travel Warnings were cancelled after 3 rejections - along with a recommendation to get better email service!). Things seem OK now (except for the e-receipt issue, which did not prevent me from travelling...). GRRRR!!! I know what a nuisance this was. Hope it will be straightened out soon!
Old Mar 1, 03, 6:13 pm
Original Member

Location: Los Angeles, CA - Nearly 4 Million Actual Miles Flown
Could you guys be losing your cookies?
Old Mar 1, 03, 6:45 pm

Programs: AIR: NONE, Hotel: Marriott PL, Hilton HHonors CC: Amex PLAT
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by jeffreyt:
Could you guys be losing your cookies?</font>
Nope - Site remembers my SkyMiles number
Old Mar 1, 03, 7:18 pm

I don't think it was cookies...as per above, they had all my "information" populated in the system. But it was wierd getting NUMEROUS "confirmations" (obviously to the email address of record) and NO DL EMAIL plus those annoying popups time and time again...
Old Mar 1, 03, 7:32 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta FO
I have the same problem and have also tried 'updating' my email address at least a dozen times ... no luck, been getting that popup and no email from delta since sometime at the end of last year

glad to hear its not just me

it started with me when i went out of town for a week and did one of those auto response emails that i am not available - i assumed it had something to do with that but i guess not

i have aol so it seems that it is occuring with many different email services
Old Mar 1, 03, 9:38 pm

Programs: Delta platinum, Marriott platinum
I have had the problem a couple of times and was referred to delta's internet or web support; on each occasion the rep there said he would "reset" my information, and the problem then went away. As I recall, the first time it happened the rep knew right away what to do; the second time I had to keep asking and insisting before I spoke with someone who knew what to do.

Search this Thread